Super Jet Best Aftermarket Engine

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I do my business with Jetworks, but they're on the same coast as me. (and I couldn't be happier with performance, service, price) Talk to a few, discuss your budget and options, and go from there.

Will do. I would like to stay East Coast. Shipping would be no prob from my work.
How easy is the destallation/installation?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Very easy. Even a novice should be able to remove a SJ engine in an hour.
I would think that Team Scream or Tim Judge would be excellent East Coast options with awesome reputations.

If your engine is older Buy a complete rebuild kit from Atlantic jet sports.com hotrod crank wiseco pistons it has everything you need including gaskets and sealant you can't beat there deal! Buy some good used sbn 44's, intake manifold, tbm flywheel & msd enhancer or total loss, 10/16 hooker, Ada head with 33cc domes =aprox 190 compression depending on porting. flow control valve. Sounds like you have a b pipe allready.
Send your cylinder to Paul and you will have a nice rec boat. And a builder that will help you with your questions.

Just call a few builders and tell them what you want and they will tell you what to buy.
I found Paul to be the best bang for your buck when it comes to a limited setup.
If your going big bore then money should not be a concern as the motor is only half the cost of the package you will need.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Pipe, Prop, Grate, Flame aresstors .....pretty simple

what about the XS SS, isnt it around 3g's? if you do the work yourself, it seems to be a pretty good all around motor

He already has the basics.

All he really needs now is

1. Port Work - $300-400.00 by any of the reputable builders out there.
2. ADA Head $300.00 (or cut the stock head if on a tighter budget)
3. Enhancer/EPIC $300.00
4. Top End $500.00 (If Needed)

With that setup he would have a very strong, reliable setup with more power than he would need for a while. The guy that won the 2009 AM Freestyle at Nationals was on a setup very similar to what I listed with OEM Carbs. That ski had more hit than the big bore package I was running.

The XS SS package is a great package but a bit more motor than most of us actually could use.

I got a question since we're on the budget build motor subject...

Current setup:

61x/61x - Stock bore/Stock head/compression
SBN44
Coffman's Sizzler
Protec adjustable rev limiter on the CDI

Where should I go with this setup?

I've been riding stand ups since '87 (superjets since '93) and could use some power.

Maybe I outta start my own thread.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
I got a question since we're on the budget build motor subject...

Current setup:

61x/61x - Stock bore/Stock head/compression
SBN44
Coffman's Sizzler
Protec adjustable rev limiter on the CDI

Where should I go with this setup?

I've been riding stand ups since '87 (superjets since '93) and could use some power.

Maybe I outta start my own thread.
sell the sizzler and get a bpipe buy a high compression girdle head and maybe get a port job

Big Kahuna

Administrator
some say the sizzler works, no experience with it. Best thing to do is contact a builder and come up with a plan (Package).

When I sent my cylinders off the first time I talked with Todd LeChance (SP!) about it. I could not afford to do everything at once. But I already had a good platform to start with, he did tell me to sell my non girldled ADA head and get a girdled head. He also builds his setup around using the single carb conversion on the 62T Cases using his modified carb setup. Eventually I went this route and it worked really well. I ended up going to duals later own since I did alot of running up and down the lake also, the single setup was very much like a light switch.

Jeremy Parr is running this same basic setup as well with the exception of he added Total Loss to it.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
a couple months ago i switched from a sizzler to a bpipe. some people said they couldnt feel a diffference but the were wrong! night and day on low to mid throttle responce. it was so much more responsive down low i couldnt even hit my setup wake at first. felt like a new ski.

x2 JPs hit hard!
some say the sizzler works, no experience with it. Best thing to do is contact a builder and come up with a plan (Package).

When I sent my cylinders off the first time I talked with Todd LeChance (SP!) about it. I could not afford to do everything at once. But I already had a good platform to start with, he did tell me to sell my non girldled ADA head and get a girdled head. He also builds his setup around using the single carb conversion on the 62T Cases using his modified carb setup. Eventually I went this route and it worked really well. I ended up going to duals later own since I did alot of running up and down the lake also, the single setup was very much like a light switch.

Jeremy Parr is running this same basic setup as well with the exception of he added Total Loss to it.

Bigfish

Bigfish
My vote is with Art at Jetworks .I have a sxr with his setup and Erica rides a sj with a 701 with his setup they both are great just ask Junkyard .

Top Bottom