big wave wipeout!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
needs more rocker lol...

Seriously though.... I bet that sucked once he saw the nose start to dive under. I know how that feels on a 4 footer. I can just imagine a 14 footer. aahhhhhhhhhhhhh death

Its all about the surf!
What doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger! Next time he'll be dropping in even LATER! That's why we do this sport!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Dayum.
I pearled on a 10 footer once and got held under for way longer than I was prepared for. I looked at the gopro footage later and found that the ski popped up pretty quickly, compared to me.

Rickter would have saved him. haha

Edgar said he was under so long he could not hold his breath any longer. Took in a two breaths of water! And gave up. than he saw light and swam his ass off. Popped up got one breath than got pounded again. Scarry shiz right there.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I went under 6 seconds (from cam footage) at the surf slam and it seemed like an eternity, can only imagine how scary that would be, dayyum. Did he have Destroyers on the ski? Or perhaps a shaped nose to help prevent pearling?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
WOW, I like how Stanton knew it was coming and was watching over his shoulder the entire time. That is a horrible feeling when the nose goes in, it happens quicker than you can imagine. I have only experienced this on smaller 4-6 footers and saw it happen to Casey on a 12 footer, He and his ski were under FOREVER, scared me just watching it, his eyes were HUGE when he came back up then BAM gone again from the next 12 footer. We played hell getting him out. Let alone the ski that was COMPLETELY full of water.
Honestly its the only time I say, LET The F go of the ski Immediately and take your chances without it.

Wow, I was held under one time too long while white water rafting......it gets real scary real quick when you can't breath. Haven't been held down by a wave real bad in years. Yikes!

stanton

High on jetskis.
the boil is the killer, that break has a step in it when it gets big. you can see ed catch air off of it after he crosses my wake. many have felt the wrath of the death step. theres a sequence somewhere of tc hitting it and almost doing that with the rickter, but the nose pops back up so quick it saved him.

Top Bottom