Bitter Sweet

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I can fix the hood myself no problem... I actually have learned quite a bit with layup and materials from Bobby.

To me that hood is not worth the the time it would take me, or the $20 bucks worth of scrap Carbon, and epoxy resin.... hell thats probably more then the Material cost of the entire hood :haha:
you don't need to fix it with epoxy resin and carbon.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
when you are snowed in and cannot get out it does. if we miss one day a year due to bad weather we are lucky. next time read my entire post then comment.

I have no idea what your point is with the weather. :dunno:
Are you saying that winter weather causes Jeff to miss work days? :dunno:
I have lived and worked here in Eastern WA (With winters more severe than the west side) since 2001.
There may have been a total of three or four days that I didn't go to work because of snow/ice - and that was only because my job was on a government site, with officially mandated "bad weather" days.

Believe it or not, snow doesn't prevent people from driving to work, nor does it cause shop heaters to cease working.

Western Oregon's I-5 corridor doesn't really get snowed in too much.

when you are snowed in and cannot get out it does. if we miss one day a year due to bad weather we are lucky. next time read my entire post then comment.

and i did read your entire post.

if he has problems with weather he should let people know....say hey got snowed in and can't get to work.... not the i am trying to finish the 1200 motors that were ordered first because people need them for competition.

i suppose you will attribute his next clusterf@ck to global warming?

wayne

wannaroll
i just figured that the snow was just as bad there as is it in michigan where my sister lives. my bad. would just still seem logical to be located in a warm climate if you have a business that is a water sport. paul has a lot more testing time on the water than he did up north, that is my only point i guess.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I don't understand your point.

WDK isn't a service shop that requires water time. Glass work and machine work do not require warm weather or water time.
Even if it did, a good drysuit would take care of that ( I ride year around).

I would think it's a good thing there isn't as much ride time as further south, otherwise he might not be spending any time in the shop.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I think most people are missing the bigger point, Waterdawg doesn't make his living doing jetski parts, it's a sideline hobby for him. He does other stuff for a living. His jetski parts reputation isn't going to cause him to go hungry, much less his reputation on x-h2o which is a very small part of the world.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
Wow... some people have told me how bad Waterdawg Kustomz customer service is before... but I had no idea that it could be THIS BAD. If I were you I would think about selling that hull and getting one that you could actually get parts for...

I love it how some people jock that dude like he is some kind of hero though to try and raise him up in a thread where he himself said he is an idiot.... it seems to me like his stuff is pretty innovative, but damn that's bad service....

I feel bad for you man. Hope he sends your parts before next year.

wayne

wannaroll
i thought this was his main business, apparently you did also, i also thought he built motors and entire skis. i guess the 1200 motors are paper weights. i can wear a thin wetsuit and ride all year. don't want a dry suit, that means really cold water and i don't like that myself. my water heater went out and i hated that cold shower and it wasn't even that cold.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
i thought this was his main business, apparently you did also, i also thought he built motors and entire skis. i guess the 1200 motors are paper weights. i can wear a thin wetsuit and ride all year. don't want a dry suit, that means really cold water and i don't like that myself. my water heater went out and i hated that cold shower and it wasn't even that cold.

I still don't get you.

The weather isn't keeping him from doing anything he charges customers money for.

How is that? :nana:

Not really, but shouldn't paying customers come first?

Could you let that hull sit for this long without figuring out some way to finish it & get it on the water???? :261:

not necessarily.......a product was promised and never delivered 100%

now......SHOULD he have to figure out some way to get his boat on the water? no.

woudl that be the EASIEST thing to do? YES! with all the hookups that this dude has I would think SOMONE would have given him a stock pole for free...or hell, even just to borrow

if it were me, I would have just sucked it up and found ANY pole to make it run......but thats just me

Not really, but shouldn't paying customers come first?

Well I spent $400 alone on raffle tickets for that hull. If I had won it and still not had all that was promised, I'd be really pissed. Paying customer or not, it's been over 8 months.

Could you let that hull sit for this long without figuring out some way to finish it & get it on the water???? :261:

"Some way" involves $$$$. I would have had it done by the end of January with X-metal or RRP. But then again I'm not a college student or just out of college like I think Mosquini is.

Well I spent $400 alone on raffle tickets for that hull. If I had won it and still not had all that was promised, I'd be really pissed. Paying customer or not, it's been over 8 months.

"Some way" involves $$$$. I would have had it done by the end of January with X-metal or RRP. But then again I'm not a college student or just out of college like I think Mosquini is.

well put

not always.......ive given away my fair share of parts

some cheap, some not so cheap..........

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member

fock, i've got an xmetal to lend.... complete! :Banane35:

wet layup of epoxy or vinyl not good enough? vacume bagging no good either?

Jeff mostly just does wet layup with polyester.

Or Epoxy Prepreg.

Im not even sure if he is doing Vacum bag process.

Vinly is a little better then polyester, but no where near as strong as what epoxy provides.... get waht you pay for,

Top Bottom