Blaster to Superjet conversion

njfl

X-H2
The coupler is a billet UMI or ADA aftermarket coupler. It uses the Kawi 5-finger biscuit. It's smaller in diameter and as such a little harder to align, so take your time when installing it.

From the looks of your side-by-side pictures, everything looks to be the same position-wise between the two. Go for it.

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
DSC_0803.JPG DSC_0806.JPG DSC_0804.JPG DSC_0803.JPGOkay...finally got back on this project!!!

Installed the pump. You have to start backwards so the alihment is right (pump, mid shaft then motor). I recommend also installing the steering cable before you put in the pump so it's easier to tighten the cable nylon nut.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0798.JPG I swapped out drive shafts. Althought the newer superjets (08+) have longer shafts, the blaster shaft is too long. I captured the drive shafts in one picture...shortest is a 96+ SJ drive shaft, the mid size one is a 08+ SJ and the longest is the Blaster drive shaft.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0805.JPG DSC_0799.JPG Once the pump is installed you shimm only the rear two bolts so that the drive shaft in coming through the center of the hole. I was lucky and the pump was set perfect without the need of shimms.
Next install the mid shaft. I am installing a bildge pump so I put in the bracket at the same time.
I put in the motor mounts loosely so they can adjust as needed when I drop the motor in.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0802.JPG DSC_0800.JPG Next I installed the handle pole bracket (Man this is much easier without all the crap in the engine compartment). Then I installed the fuel filler assembly and waterbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom