blowsion flame arrestors falling apart?

keegan

TRLFTMFW
anyone else have problems with the top plate of blowsion flame arrestors coming off?? I bought 2 sets for 2 skis this year. I have maybe 4 tanks of fuel ran through the skis and every cap of these things has came off and I find it laying in the bottom of my hull...

What are you guys doing to fix this? I am ready to use them as garage decoration..

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
I had the Tau Ceti syle flame arrestors with the aluminum tops do that too. I was pissed, nothing could make them hold, 5200, gorilla glue, epoxy resin, silicone, I tried em all and scratched the top aluminum peices bonding surface even, so I went with Pro-K filters and Blowsion outerwears instead. Don't blame Blowsion its just that style of filter I think, unfortunate though I been in the same boat.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I had the same thing happen to another brand with aluminum tops. I used contact cement to put the cap back on, and it held up really well.

All mine have fallen apart too. One time a stinking cone released while riding rapids and plugged a cylinder like a cork! Stock only now. But black 3M 5200 will make those better than new.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
I have yet to see an after market flame arrestor that doesn't disintegrate or have the top fall off. Proks are the best I have seen but they still let that cone loose and plug the intake. Stock with 2 of the three screens removed is the way to go.

nokfir

i had a few prok's with the clear see thru top on some of my older skis....no probs with them, i guess thats the way to go when i get new ones for the sj

Last edited:
my blowsion airforce ones did the same. I just put some adhesive on it.

Its a SHAME to buy these for the price we do to watch them fall apart. Outerwears will keep that top from falling off if it does come undone

Last edited:
Glad im not the only one to have this problem...

this is how mine arrived from Blowsion 2 weeks ago..

IMG00459.jpg

IMG00462.jpg

IMG00463.jpg

IMG00465.jpg

The box they came in wasnt even damaged. Sucks really.

Scott, at blowsion has sent out some new ones. im waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully they will arive in a better condition than that set!

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I had my Prok's off today and found that the inner perforated structure had cracked on one of them and the chunk had fallen in and was hung up on the choke assembly. A smaller piece may have gotten thru but luckily I found this when I did. This is the first problem I've had with the Prok's and I've run them on 4 skis now over 5 yrs.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I have yet to see an after market flame arrestor that doesn't disintegrate or have the top fall off. Proks are the best I have seen but they still let that cone loose and plug the intake. Stock with 2 of the three screens removed is the way to go.

K&N Pro series shorty. I got 4 seasons before the mesh starting deteriorating. (not the K&N's with the chrome top)

Last edited:

parrdaddy

No he will not!
I've been running K&N short filters (59-2042R) for more years than I can remember and I have yet to have one fail for any reason other than the wire mesh breaking down over many years. Maybe they have some secret glue :nana: After seeing these threads over time, it's K&N for me.

Top Bottom