Super Jet break in oil type???

Just broke it in with Tec2000, then going to switch to Benol. Like the way it smells and I was going to run Pensoil full synthetic, but for like $2.50 more a gal I could run Klotz. Retorqued the head and I had one girdle bolt that was kinda soft, it didn't back out but it went from like 25 ft-lbs to like 15 or 17 if I remember correctly. All the other bolts set in just fine and were just a tad de-torqued. Compression test showed just over 180 psi per cylinder and the plugs look pretty uniform, may have to do some more syncing on the carbs as I think the rear cyl is just a tad leaner... although it's pretty rich right now in each hole.

BTW between being stationed overseas and not riding much before I left, I forgot how to ride a standup. I have about 6 hours in the last 2 years, maybe 12.

No, not all the same. Stihl Ultra has been found (by the US Airforce) to be the very best oil tested to date for their small drones. Redline came in second.

these oil threads are really funny,but once in while a speed read pulls something interesting out of it,where is this resource that has redline losing out to something stihl makes?
and how is Gil getting his klotz for 15 a gallon,how much does a barrel cost,oil for skis is about convenience and price,because most all of it works good.If klotz was sitting on the shelf at wally right next to quickysilver,for the same price,how many people ya think would be on this thread talking about QS

D-Roc

I forgot!
i know at some motorcyle super stores like we have here in canada (royal distributor) you can bring in your empty 4L oil jugs and get them filled and not have to pay the eviro fee. this makes the best synth oils very close in price to the other premium petrolium oils. And you would get to run it at 50:1 saving you on oil.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
these oil threads are really funny,but once in while a speed read pulls something interesting out of it,where is this resource that has redline losing out to something stihl makes?
and how is Gil getting his klotz for 15 a gallon,how much does a barrel cost,oil for skis is about convenience and price,because most all of it works good.If klotz was sitting on the shelf at wally right next to quickysilver,for the same price,how many people ya think would be on this thread talking about QS

You get all your buddys to give you the money upfront (so they remain buddys) and order a barrell or two at one time. If I am not mistaken the current price works out to 19.00 per gallon if purchased by the 55. That is also the ONLY way to buy VP and be able to afford it-buy in bulk!

quicksilver as per directed. ;)

Are you sure that the center shaft was not too large for the bearings? Its a lot easier for a crank builder to blame overheated bearings on the oil rather than eating the cost of parts that don't fit correctly.

D-Roc

I forgot!
no i know, i think the oil was not getting to the bearings for both to go at the same time. it would have happend to the crank regardless of oil brand, it may have just happend sooner or later depending on the oil.

I doubt that Stihl makes the oil but the results were obtained over many of months of field testing. The engines were 28cc-80cc and aircooled, it may not be any good in a jetski.

GIL

no i know, i think the oil was not getting to the bearings for both to go at the same time. it would have happend to the crank regardless of oil brand, it may have just happend sooner or later depending on the oil.

Or.....................

Depending on the builder that may or may not wear Depends. LMAO

I think the pic in the avatar is someone wearing a helmet that just shat themselves huffing race gas!!!

D-Roc

I forgot!
yes It comes down to the builder of the crank and the installer of it in the motor. something was not right and got missed. after the repair, the crank was fine.....

GIL

yes It comes down to the builder of the crank and the installer of it in the motor. something was not right and got missed. after the repair, the crank was fine.....

Dam the curse curse, you sure do stutter stutter alot these days!

Top Bottom