Brocks Gulf Tribute Build! **Test Ride\Problems**

i bet your pump isn't sealed up all the way. If it sounds like a pump issue, feels like a pump issue, then most likely it is a pump issue. If your motor wasn't getting enough air, it would bog and not run well.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Start by checking the clearance between your prop and the housing. Then make sure the pump itself is sealed with a sealant when it is put together. Then install it and use a flashlight inside the pump in a dark room to make sure the seal is flush with the pump shoe. If some reason it is not you can shim the seal to make it thicker to reach. Some people use silicone there to seal it better also. The midshaft housing should be siliconed onto the bulkhead. If these things don't fix the cavitation then it's probably not cavitation.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
also check the intake grate bolts on the rear of the grate. I found that I had installed 2 longer bolts and it caused cavitation, either that or it was a bad pump seal. Replaced both, no cavitation.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
try running your ski with the hood off , if it runs better you need more air ... I am pretty sure that you need more air
DONT GIVE UP BROCK !!!

like Sanoman said , take a break or something from it .. you have come to far to quit now .
let me know if you need anything .

also check the intake grate bolts on the rear of the grate. I found that I had installed 2 longer bolts and it caused cavitation, either that or it was a bad pump seal. Replaced both, no cavitation.
maybe I should order a new seal for the heck of it. My bolts are actually short (dont go all the way to the top) they were just random m6 bolts I had.

Im going to order a new seal together for the heck of it tomorrow. Will silicone everything together. The midshaft was already siliconed so that should be good. In the mean time tomorrow Im going to look at a 69 F100, 351 windsor 3 speed, looks mint for an awesome price, and it will match my ski!
3k73mf3o05V65P35R5a7r4eb17165549d1e76.jpg

TB

NOTHING IS EVER PROMISED
when you reinstall the pump seal i recommend using permatex right stuff over regular silicone...works extremely well..get it at any auto parts store. it's like
$10 a tube and wear gloves this time cause it's messy like 5200

Thanks for the info, I decided to hold out on the seal for now. Most people dont even run any type of silicone on the seal because thats what the seal is for anyways. Im going for a test ride later today, I opened my 2nd breather up thinking I might be starving for air. Sure it idles fine and braps good on the trailer but its not under load or on the throttle constantly so Its probably good on the trailer but once it starts sucking air under power I think the 1 breather isnt enough. Hopefully opening up the second breather is enough because I dont want to cut up the hood.

I plan to have it done by June 9th.
was browsing through my build and saw this! hahahh made me laugh. Will be pretty much 2 months off schedule

Anyways, John you were right about the foam coming out. Even if its packed in there really really well it will come out. Im not sure what caused this water, or the exhaust leak fumes or both, but this happened to all my foam.
0802101417.jpg

Waternut

Customizing addict
was browsing through my build and saw this! hahahh made me laugh. Will be pretty much 2 months off schedule

If it's any consolation, I thought I would have my hull last November and it'd take a couple days to swap it all over. :lmao:

Last edited:

Sanoman

thecolorpurple

Anyways, John you were right about the foam coming out. Even if its packed in there really really well it will come out. Im not sure what caused this water, or the exhaust leak fumes or both, but this happened to all my foam.
0802101417.jpg

If it's any consolation, I thought I would have my hull last November and it'd take a couple days to swap it all over. :lmao:

YOU guys are waaay too funny.We're talking high roller here!:banghead:

SKI TILL I DIE!

YUMMMMMMMY

0802101417.jpg

Ive seen foam like that cuz of heat but it also could have been because of a chemical getting on it causing it to "melt" like that

got the outlet done today, didnt use the outside part so I could seal up the inside outlet better. Its not pretty but you wont see it, and I think its all sealed up this time. Putting the engine in tomorrow, dont think Ill get to ride it tomorrow as Im going to let the rtv dry some more (put on heavily it will take more than a day to fully cure)

I REALLY want to get like a smoke machine or something that they use for bees or something and start pumping in one side and tape off the other and see if I have any leaks before I put the engine in again. anyone have suggestions for that type of idea?

outlet1.jpg

Last edited:
I just weighed my ski. I really dont think its right, its on a pretty nice electric bathroom scale. The hull was 160 lbs with the hood and everything in it minus the engine\bpipe. the engine with all the water lines and ebox and everything weighed 76lbs flat, b pipe assembly weighs roughly 12 lbs (head pipe weighs 6 lbs and the chamber feels the same) I mean I weighed everything (bolts and whatnot on the tray) not that the scale is that accurate but that comes out to 250 lbs (rounded from 248). If it was even close to that I would have been happy but wow. I want a real shipping scale to really see what it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom