check out these stands

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
looks like the shockwave knocked the ski on the tralor on its side!
Heh, that ski on its side is my ski getting reinforced at 36 days old. And just for you Tim I'll chime in that I built a stand like the one pictured which has easily supported my 3D for the past year. Can't beat spending than $90 to build a stand that supports nine thousand pounds. :noevil:

fwiw, chev-hell, I don't think I'd go through the hassle for less than $200 either. :biggthumpup:

skysurfer2010

SUR 24
i built a pvc stand but i hyroturfed it. i'll sell someone mine for $275!

$195 starting price (i hear it's the going rate)
$25 B stock grey diamond cut turf
$55 for 1 hour spent turfing

sounds reasonable, right? :biggthumpup:

Q

QuickMick

Forget the PVC stands, why make something that is 50-50 chance of breaking?

Make them out of metal, then if you plan on using it for the lake just have it galvanized. This one costs about 50 bucks to make. Heavy bearing castors included.

gprstand002.jpg

Here is a superjet stand I made and almost sold for 25 bucks.. what the F--- was I thinking. I dont own a SJ anymore but it makes a good stand for my Quad.
superjetstand.jpg

chev-hell

Krenn Powersports
I looked into making them from metal, the cost of metal was thru the roof though.... Not sure where you got yours, but for what I needed (my stand would be similar to yours but 2 side to side braces to keep it from pushing outward) but the cost was over $100 just for the freeking metal.. not to mention a lot of time welding. but yours look great!

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I looked into making them from metal, the cost of metal was thru the roof though.... Not sure where you got yours, but for what I needed (my stand would be similar to yours but 2 side to side braces to keep it from pushing outward) but the cost was over $100 just for the freeking metal.. not to mention a lot of time welding. but yours look great!

Goddammit good for you for coming here and stating your case and speaking your mind.

Huge welcome to X-H20.com. :Banane01:

djyox

Old school -not by choice
I have put a small block chev motor and tranny onto a little red wagon. It held fine untill I tried to move it... Poor little wagon....

I think its retarded to ask that much. When I do things because I enjoy doing them, or I want to help someone out I charge a pepsi and a pack of smokes, or a 12/24 pack. I quit smoking now though so I don't know what I'll charge... $55 per hour does sound like a good charge....

I know everyone has to eat. And food aint free. If you can sell those PVC stands for $200, Good for you! All of us are just pissing and moaning because when you do sell one for $200, we are going to be upset that it wasn't us that ripped some poor bastard off...

wayne

wannaroll
chev hell the only reason you knew about this tread is because i linked it to you. You said you would see it because you do so much business in the pwc market. Funny you did not know about this site with all the work you do. i told you i was being sarcastic. to bad you don't know what that is. i like how you have changed your hourly wage to 50 from what you emailed me with. wasn't it 100.00 an hour you told my. also your time to build it is way off. why should some one pay you that much to make one just because you are so slow at cutting and glueing pvc. any one with a little plumbing skills would work circles around you. you have a chop saw and i used a hack saw and can do two in less time then it takes you to do one.

why didn't you post what your time is worth, you emailed me with what your time is worth on making these. you told me it took 1.5 hours to make and your time is worth 100.00 an hour. i put both mine together in half that time. you can over kill all you want with pvc and state yours is stronger than any of the ones people have built on here but it will still break in a short period of time with a 750 lb ski on it. just because YOU build it does not make it better and stronger than any one elses. he also would not answer my question regarding a warranty so when it breaks he can pay for repairs. The reason is because he knows it will break in time and you will have to pick your ski up off the garage floor and he does not want to be responcible for damages incurred because his, Craftmens ship is not any better than ours.

By the way if any one wants one i will make it and only charge for parts and shipping as i can afford to spend 30 minutes of my time to help a fellow rider out. i believe it would be well under 200 dollars.

Last edited:

Fathom

WaveJunkie PR
By the way if any one wants one i will make it and only charge for parts and shipping as i can afford to spend 30 minutes of my time to help a fellow rider out. i believe it would be well under 200 dollars.
What kind of warranty do you offer? I may be interested.

wayne

wannaroll
what ever the pvc manufacturer offers, but i bet putting a heavy ski on the pvc will void the manufacturer warranty. pvc is not made to hold a lot of weight for extended periods of time it is made for waste and water to run through. my whole point to him is that it is not worth 195 for your ski to end up on the ground eventually. if he put another brace across the middle and a third set of wheels in the middle then it might be worth the 195, but i still would not trust it for log periods of time.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
what ever the pvc manufacturer offers, but i bet putting a heavy ski on the pvc will void the manufacturer warranty. pvc is not made to hold a lot of weight for extended periods of time it is made for waste and water to run through. my whole point to him is that it is not worth 195 for your ski to end up on the ground eventually. if he put another brace across the middle and a third set of wheels in the middle then it might be worth the 195, but i still would not trust it for log periods of time.

What aspect of the warranty could it possibly void?

wayne

wannaroll
the fact that it is not designed to hold a owc. do you think that if your pvc stand busted and cracked your hull you would be able to file a claim with the pvc manufacturer? i think not they will tell you that is not what is is designed for. now if you had a house that was just build and the pvc collapsed and backed the sewer up then the pvc manufacturer or the plumbing company would warranty that. but not for building a stand for your pwc.

tom21

havin fun
with the cost of my ski and that of newer ones, even being a standup, I think I can afford a better stand. unless your ski is worth less than the stand, why chance it?

P.S. I am making some awesome car and truck Jackstands out of PVC, any takers?

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I can't believe you guys are getting so worked up over this. If he can sell them, more power to him. I've been building these since my 550 days...

but I would never consider putting a couch on one of these.

Top Bottom