Chp took my ski

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Well rivets is what they expect to see because of what they think. But to prove protection for the OP the best thing will be to see glued in tags. Just thinking of these things not that they are coming in to take your skis but if they see the same thing as the OPs ski then what happens. He is innocent or you are just as guilty?? Good luck today. Keep us updated

That's crazy and good luck that the officer found another forum member. Just remember to wear your favorite t-shirt when he comes over.
donttasemebrotshirt.jpg

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
Hah sorry guys everything went good, he was a nice guy, didn't seem like he was out for anyone, he just wants to do what's right. There were so many red flags with the op's ski he said their trailer had no license plate, both skis on the trailer had no cf numbers only reg stickers, both skis had no public vins and the inside one looked suspicious because it was glued on. When he came to check ours out he saw they were also glued on the inside. He said if the vin location looks the same on his ski then he can get his ski back. There is another story to this ski that I don't feel like needs to be told on the forums but it could keep it from being returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another story to this ski that I don't feel like needs to be told on the forums but it could keep it from being returned.

Spill it so others can learn from this and see what the OP probably should already know. Who knows, maybe he'll luckily get the ski back and we'll see another thread in a few weeks about being caught riding an unreg'd ski and no safety devices bitching about the fine.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Spill it so others can learn from this and see what the OP probably should already know. Who knows, maybe he'll luckily get the ski back and we'll see another thread in a few weeks about being caught riding an unreg'd ski and no safety devices bitching about the fine.

Dont buy from shady people, make sure the paperwork matches the skis and you should be fine.

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
When dealing through craigslist you're going encounter shady people just make sure before you hit the lake or let the ski leave your house you have your ski legit and squared away so if something happened, like getting pulled over, you don't get your ski taken away. Lesson learned everyone. Go to your local dmv or wherever and read your boating handbook and maybe you'll learn a thing or two. You don't want to think " I should be fine" you want to know "my sh*t is legit" when / if the circumstances arise.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Years ago I had a friend who is a fireman. He went to go look at 2 used waverunners. He got the HIN #s and called them in. They were clean. He bought them. about a year later an investigator shows up. Says the ski's were reported stolen. He gets arrested, or has to go turn himself in, cannot remember exact details. Lost his job with the Fire Dept, aka forced to resign..... After several months, case basically thrown out. He gets his job back, He is not a Fire Captain if I am not mistaken. The State investigator was on a rampage, believe he ended up loosing his job. Even when you try and do right, sometimes you get screwed.

Years ago I had a friend who is a fireman. He went to go look at 2 used waverunners. He got the HIN #s and called them in. They were clean. He bought them. about a year later an investigator shows up. Says the ski's were reported stolen. He gets arrested, or has to go turn himself in, cannot remember exact details. Lost his job with the Fire Dept, aka forced to resign..... After several months, case basically thrown out. He gets his job back, He is not a Fire Captain if I am not mistaken. The State investigator was on a rampage, believe he ended up loosing his job. Even when you try and do right, sometimes you get screwed.

I wont say who, but I know some one who bought a ski and it came back clean from the Department of Natural resources (DNR). My friend came riding with us one day recognized the ski as one his friend had stolen from him 7 years prior. He still had the police reports and everything proving it was stolen along with receipts for old aftermarket parts that were still bolted to the ski that aren't made anymore. Matching up the VIN numbers is how it eventually got resolved and returned to the owner 7 years later... Point being even when they come back clean from the DNR, they could still have issues like you said. Unless you buy brand new from a dealer, these scenarios can happen. We all know the government is not very organized.

If some one is selling you something and they look like a meth head, don't have all the paperwork or seem shady at all, just back out of the deal and save yourself from being hassled later on. They say meet in the police parking lot when doing craigslist deals. That is always a good idea.

When dealing through craigslist you're going encounter shady people just make sure before you hit the lake or let the ski leave your house you have your ski legit and squared away so if something happened, like getting pulled over, you don't get your ski taken away. Lesson learned everyone. Go to your local dmv or wherever and read your boating handbook and maybe you'll learn a thing or two. You don't want to think " I should be fine" you want to know "my sh*t is legit" when / if the circumstances arise.

Can we know the real story now the part you didn't want to post? It should be long enough to now not to affect that guy

Top Bottom