Super Jet cold fusion vs RRP steering system

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
The cold fusion is about half the price of the RRP. I just bought an RRP pole and am finishing piecing it together and the steering system is the last thing I need. Things have just been a little tight with all the holidays and all.

Aircraftsalz do you have any experience with the cold fusion. I've done research on them all but it would be nice to hear if you had an opinion on them.

Thanks!

l'm running an rrp set up with cf turnplate.Also,l used the two stock locking nuts from yamaha thinking they would probably get loose.Four months now and still tight.

Tommygunz

Team PHP
I had the standard Xmetal system on my adjustable Xmetal pole and went through 3 sets of bushings (which Xscream did send me each time for free:)) but then switched to RRP with riser bars and extensions and never once had to tighten at all! And I ride almost every day. RRP all the way. My 2 cents worth

I had the standard Xmetal system on my adjustable Xmetal pole and went through 3 sets of bushings (which Xscream did send me each time for free:)) but then switched to RRP with riser bars and extensions and never once had to tighten at all! And I ride almost every day. RRP all the way. My 2 cents worth

I almost clicked the "buy" button for the CF system and you got me thinking again :)... what a dilemma.. although I'll probably get the CF and if I don't like it will put it for sale and buy the RRP..

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Jetmaniac has the cold fusion ones in stock here in FL... Brian at Thrust has the RRP in stock and might have the CF , close to you in West Palm...

No one beats Thrust prices, give him a call

WDK makes a sweet steering system :ugh2:

Ha, I have always thought his system looked pretty slick......too bad he never replied to any of my emails or phone calls asking about them. Surprise surprise.

I would like to look at the c/f set up some more. I like the idea of no bearings as long as it doesn't constantly loosen up over time and it moves smoothly.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I have installed the Xmetal, CF, RRP, and Waterdawg. X metal bushing set up, is obsolete, they changed to a newer style. I used a double nut and a lot of red locktite and it was good for me. RRP was loose in a ride. Once I understood how it was put together with the reverse internal thread. I put some red loktite on there and its fine. I now have two of these set ups. A ton of extra steering still left, that is the biggest advantage in my mind. Get max throw with your set up. The CF, i installed and its still on Henrys ski. He loves it, no issues but I cant comment on the max turning as i dont remember. Waterdawg, is the smoothest, easiest turn. Beautiful system for easy turning, not sure on the max turning as i dont remember. I really like my riser bars, so that puts me with the CF, Blowsion or RRP style. Now a riser style with max turning like the RRP with a Waterdawg sealed bearing! Sign me up

as far as Im concerned RRP vs CF...6 of 1, half a dozen......

my r/m has cold fusion..I have owned 4 RRP's and still have 2......both are great

with a minor jetmaniac mod you can make the RRP bars sit directly on top the pivot point which is an excellent feature as well.......

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Good thread!
My wammer plate/UMI set up is driving me insane. Both decent products, but the plate is wasted (causing most of the issues).

Gonna go cold fusion thru jetmaniac after consult. Best for my needs.

Top Bottom