Surfriding D-Nices RN SJ de-foam/renforce build

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
so to start off this is an 02 superjet, bought it about 2 years ago, i wanted to renforce it, fix a crack, and paint it. but after being on this damn site its turned into a money pit job thats been taken a lil bit of time but im finally maken progress so i decided to finally start a thread. heres what it had on it when i bought it

B-pipe
msd enhancer
ada girdled heads 35cc domes
worx intake grate
jet dynamics ride plate
skat trak 13/17 impellar
rickter foot holds
pole spring
500gph bilge
fuel primer

since then ive added
24/7 hood hooks
billet coupler
home made pole rope
home made hood straps
motor mounts
cut pole 3 inchs
hood seal

Last edited:

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
after hours and hours of defoaming and cleaned grinded.jpgpurple powering, here are pics of the inside of hull with the ribs grinded off and inside of bondline cleaned up and also the tray defoamedtray.jpg

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
next i hung it upside down and renforced the nose and handle pole mounting area with s-glass. 2 layers on nose, and 2 or 3 on handle pole mounting areahanging.jpg

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
for the inside walls i did a layer of s-glass and a layer of carbon on top as instructed by pancake pete who was a big help with explaining what to do and hooking me up with a template, carbon, and the s-glass since this was my first time ever working with glass and carboncarbon.jpg

Last edited:

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
so since i had the motor out i figured i myswell clean it up and paint it since it looks filthy
motor.jpg
well that turned into "hey i myswell rebuild the top end and bore it out a lil"
so in the end its on its way right now to jetmaniac and blue for a resleeve big bore 771/porting and baked on blue paint. i couldnt resist lol

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
thanks man, ive been real anal with all the cleaning and prep work ive been doing to it. ive spent hours and hours just gettin the turf off and foam out.

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
also filled bondline in on gunwales and renforced them with one layer of 17oz biaxial fiberglass cloth.

this is where i left off at. started refoaming with polyestrene, put the 2 aluminum water lines back in for my dual cooling, put the steering cable tube back in, put the drive shaft tube back in, and added a tube for my trim cable. after i put all them back in i sealed em all with 5200 inside and out. would of done more foam work but wanted to give the 5200 time to dry befor i add more foam cause i dont want them moving the tubes around etc.foamed tray.jpg

Last edited:

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
After making it that pretty....tell me that you're NOT going back with 2-part foam...please!
It's time for footholds too....don't do it all twice.

we were posting at the same time. I see that you have "plenty" of foothold space...lol. and that you're using ...polystyrene?

Last edited:

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
yea i got it from home depot, 2 inch think 2x8 sheet for like 13 bucks. i heat up a knife with a map torch and it cuts it like butter. ive got the rickters that were in it but id like to slip my foot in some others to see what there like jus dont know many ppl that ride. ive got a size 9.5 foot

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
heres a list of goodies i have gotten for it over the past month

wdk razor hood w/ nose peice
xmetal pole w/ bracket
xmetal adjustable steering system
xmetal trim system w/ quickturn nozzle
xmetal billet throttle trigger and trim lever
team xtreme bow eye loop
v-force delta 2 carbon reeds
2- 500 gph bilges
2-billet blue bilge fittings
2-billet blue water bypass fittings
2-billet blue bow eye bushings
2-blue blowsion flame arrestors w/ outer wears
blowsion billet blue gas cap
blowsion billet blue exhaust cap
blowsion billet blue hood latch
blowsion pump cone
blowsion kenny keepers
blowsion tubbie destroyers
black odi locking grips w/ billet blue ring/end cap
blowsion stainless streel drive coupler cover <-- since stock got busted when my stock coupler blew apart

still wana get all blue water/fuel lines to set off the engine compartment and still gotta think of a sweet paint job for it. my buddy does custom paint jobs/airbrushing an will paint it for free since i wired his paint booth up i just gotta buy the paint. also waitin on a pancake pete front foot hold and a dakine foot strap for some surfer stance status

Last edited:

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
is 5200 all thats needed to put the tubes back in?
its a marine adhesive/sealent that resists weathering and salt water. all the tubes do is slide through the holes so i went around both inside and outside of the holes with it to keep water from getting into my tray. the 5200 will be strong enough to keep em in place with out them moving

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
havent gotten much more work done with my tray cuz i decided not to reuse my rickters and go with some tom21 holds and there not here yet. but my motor should be back soon. sent it out to jetmaniac/blue for the 771-781 big bore. jetmaniac showed me these pics of my motor todaymotor3.jpgmotor2.jpgmotor.jpgmotor5.jpgmotor4.jpg
pencil.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom