Surfriding D-Nices RN SJ de-foam/renforce build

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
hey Nice build man it's looking awesome. when you cut out the tray are you just putting it back in and epoxying the edges back in and fiberglassing it shut again? What kind of fiberglass mat and resin are you using as well? thanks a ton man
-Cole
thanks man. way i did it was laid the tray its self in an weighted it down to hold it in place an mixed epoxy resin with west system 404 powdered fiberglass an filled in the gaps that came from my cuttin disc, then befor that dried i laid down 2inch strips of S-glass covered in epoxy resin over the front and back. let that dry an did the same process with the walls. walls were a pain in the ace cuz i needed to make all kinds of spacers to hold em both in place an was praying they didnt fall down while layin the strips of glass. after i get my footholds riveted in im gonna go over the tray again in carbon fiber to tightin it up

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
should be getting a pancake pete front foothold this week to glass on and also will be epoxying nuts welded to washers for the dakine foot strap in the back. was gonna put the little bit of 2 part foam in behind the footholds but part A i beleive dried up and isnt usable. anyone know where i can get a little bit of 2part? dont need much since the rest of the tray is polyestrene. after i do all that i gotta prep it for paint

D-nice, I'm only a few steps behind you in my build. If I have any left over, you're more than welcome to it!

I ordered the 3 pound kit from US composites. Their prices are pretty good. I wonder if they would sell you just the "part A" that you need?

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
D-nice, I'm only a few steps behind you in my build. If I have any left over, you're more than welcome to it!

I ordered the 3 pound kit from US composites. Their prices are pretty good. I wonder if they would sell you just the "part A" that you need?
just checked there site out. they are pretty cheap. im bout to just order the least amount i can get from them. appreciate the offer though. you got a thred goin for your build??

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
Man that carbon fiber looks slick. What colour turf you doing?
thanks man. to bad the tray carbons all gonna be covered. not sure with what color im going with. prolly just black cuz i here the molded diamond turf is the most durable and it only comes in black an gray. heard the cut diamond that comes in colors doesnt last as long. can anyone compare molded diamond to waffle??

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
IMG_1106.jpgheres a pic of it mostly all sanded ready for primer, got a few more little spots to hit on the bottom befor takin it to the paint booth. hull is still empty and i jus laid the hood an pole on it for the pic. the new hood looks way better then stock

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
so dropped the ski off last nite to the paint booth. dudes gonna start priming the hull, hood, nose peice, pole, an tubbies. emailed him a bunch of pics of skis that i thought looked badass (djkorns, tanmans, joe kennys, ross champions, etc.) and told him to come up with some kind of design along those lines thatll go with my anodized blue fittings. dudes pretty talented so hopefully he comes up with somethin badass

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
Excited to see what he comes up with. ETA?
hopefully no longer then 2 weeks, hes a friend that does painting and airbrushing on the side and is doing it for free since i wired heaters an lights in his paint booth so im not gonna rush em. all i gotta pay for is paint. after paint i gotta turf it and then put pump back in and drop in the motor and gas tank etc...

Top Bottom