Surfriding Dead NGK plugs.... is it just me?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I have gone through 4 boxes this year and no issues. I bought them all at the same time and all solid tip plugs. (yes-I change plugs almost every ride)

I go through a poop load of plugs every year, I haven't seen a bad one in years but it does happen.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Wow some of you guys are changing plugs a lot.

I used to do this, but now that my carbs are pretty spot on, I haven't changed plugs since july. Salt water use only. Haven't had any issues.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I figure if I am buying MS109, maintaining a 5 mil Lamey, spark plugs are cheap and easy to change. If I am gonna get every last ounce my motor has to offer, I might as well make sure the ignition is perfect while I am at it.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yea, I did a thread on here a while back, same issue with the X2, about 2 hours of riding and they are dead. My RN plugs tend to foul out mostly when I flush on the hose for some reason.....

Watty

Random Performance
I've never had one dead out of the box, but have noticed lately that I'm not getting much time out of them. I put this down to the fuel companies with thier "pay more, get less" attitude.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I have gone through 4 boxes this year and no issues. I bought them all at the same time and all solid tip plugs. (yes-I change plugs almost every ride)

I am a plug change junkie also, not every ride, but alot, especially in the surf.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
I change mine once a year if they need it or not. If you have to change your plugs every ride you may need someone to tune your carbs.

Mark44

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I change mine once a year if they need it or not. If you have to change your plugs every ride you may need someone to tune your carbs.

Mark44

Alright SFL, my carbs are dialed perfectly. As stated above, if i can't afford plugs I dam sure can't afford MS109, flat top pistons, stroker crank, on and on and on.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I can run the same plugs for 2 months season with no issues (BR8ES) in fresh water. As soon as I hit salt, I have to change them out every day.

Top Bottom