December couch ride?

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
I figured you were talking about the XP, Ger.

Mick - are you clear to ride by then? I'd make the trip on the Polaris. I'd have to think long and hard about the SJ...nah, nope, not gonna do it. :biggrin:

We could potentially ride down, have someone drive a truck/trailer Spend the night in the hotel for the party, and haul back.

not sure if I will be cleared by then to ride. It not like jumping in the surf which I cant do till Jan-Feb.

I would attempt it on a stock sj, Im sure. At the least our group could do a rotation on a sj if needed.

If anyone wants to come throw one of my spare motors in a raider hull I have and ride it your more than welcome.

Last edited:
Find a buddy, one ride a stand up, one ride a couch, and switch every so often. You could even throw a can of gas on the couch for refueling if you don't make the gas pit.

Gerry, not sure about you but I dont know anyone in the LSFR group that is running 550's.
WOT = 35 mph your ski is out of tune.

Im pretty sure my ski WOT is 50 - 55 mph. Not that I could hang on at that speed for mor than a few hundred yards.

Yea lets get a roll call going for this.

Penguin I only have one couch, the B2 and thats what I would have to run. I wouldnt put my SJ through that run, unless it had a stock motor.

Well I have 3 js550s. 2 are stock and one has just a few things done. The fast one tops at 39 or so on glass. Has the 5 gal fuel tank also. At the lake running it hard I get at least 4 hrs out of so it might have to be refueled once...

Oh, is this a both ways thing? So seriously 72 miles each way?

The Penguin

triple secret probation
yes, 72 each way. the worst part is the 12 mile bay crossing from Matagorda to Port O'Connor.

drop skis in, and ride one way - send a truck down to bring you back if you only want to do half the trip.

or - you could drop in and ride the first 2 hours to the lunch stop and then have the truck pick you up.

yes, 72 each way. the worst part is the 12 mile bay crossing from Matagorda to Port O'Connor.

drop skis in, and ride one way - send a truck down to bring you back if you only want to do half the trip.

or - you could drop in and ride the first 2 hours to the lunch stop and then have the truck pick you up.

Well I would either be on my zxi1100 or my buddies seadoo. Not a trip for the 550s i dont think. I will be more than happy to bring them if others wanna try though lol.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
he said as fast as the slowest boat and nobody would be left behind. I was concerned about skis - but he said someone made the trip last year in a baby catamaran - 14' with something like a 30HP outboard on it.

I think he said they 20-25 MPH. It's right at 4 hours boat time, plus stops for gas and lunch in Matagorda.

I am about to dump some money into my ski so there better be some others interested in this! Are there any people that are for sure going to do this because I don't care to be the only one......

Top Bottom