Dropping gut - the check in thread.

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
10/23

193lbs
28.5% body fat according to the electro-resistance test (this seems really high to me)
5k in 24:39- 7:39 minute miles

Where ya'll at?

Snackem

Danger Zone
Jeremy's Monday Checkin
Start 280
Today's weigh in 268
-2 for last week, not bad considering the crap I ate (I had a birthday on Thursday so the wife went out and bought whiskey and cake:banghead: :woot: :banghead: )

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
I am starting to think that I am paying too much attention to what I eat. I am ingesting 1000-1200 calories a day. Running 12 miles a week, working out and am still shedding just 1-2lbs a week.

Per my body weight, I need to consume 2400 calories a day to maintain. I eat very healthy, 5-6 times a day. With the running I am at a calorie deficit of 1500 calories a day. This is conservitive.

There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. I should be burning 1 pound of fat every 2 1/2 days. I am lucky to be getting 1-2 punds a week. I guess my body might be holding on to the weight because it thinks I am in starvarion mode. I don't know. I might take a week off.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I am starting to think that I am paying too much attention to what I eat. I am ingesting 1000-1200 calories a day. Running 12 miles a week, working out and am still shedding just 1-2lbs a week.

Per my body weight, I need to consume 2400 calories a day to maintain. I eat very healthy, 5-6 times a day. With the running I am at a calorie deficit of 1500 calories a day. This is conservitive.

There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. I should be burning 1 pound of fat every 2 1/2 days. I am lucky to be getting 1-2 punds a week. I guess my body might be holding on to the weight because it thinks I am in starvarion mode. I don't know. I might take a week off.
I think you could be right. you're probably lowering your matabolisim (sp) too.

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
I think I am going to try and fit in another snack. Maybe something with a bit more good fat in it. Maybe some almonds or cheese or something.

I have been doing lighter weight and 15-20 reps on the work out, super sets. That way it is like a cardio work out. Takes about 30 minutes to complete with very little down time.

I need to get back on the SJ. It gets lighter each time I ride it. That is where I am seeing my best results. The thing keeps getting easier. All the tricks keep getting easier. I actually completed 2 new tricks the last time I was out. First attempts at each. So at least it is showing somewhere. I need to get back in the surf.

I will get over this hill. Just have to stay the course. Thanks for the feed back.

Keep up the work guys!

Snackem

Danger Zone
You are on the right track. I know that I've gone through plateaus and when you break through you start to shred the pounds like crazy. A few thing you may try are to 1) Add another snack like you said and if you are not eating any fat then yes add some nuts, cheesee, lean meat or something like that to your diet, your body needs some fat intake and don't do this at the expense of another meal. It sounds like you may be telling your body that you are starving it, that'll make your body shut down and make it harder to burn weight. 2) Add some water. I don't know how much you are drinking but with that much cardio you may not be getting enough fluids, try to drink 1-1.5 gallons a day.

I'm hoping to be down 40lbs by the spring, I figure that'll turn my 650 into a 701 BRAP

Snackem

Danger Zone

That's only about 2-3 lbs a week, you could have made a miscalculation on your math about caloric intake or excercise, maybe not but it might account for the small difference, keep at it the weight will start to drop soon.

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
I am cheating on the ski department. I am waiting on a freestyle ported big bore to arrive. 701-760 with port. I figure I better be stronger to hold on.

I am drinking enough water. I drink at least 15 good size glasses a day. I may need to replace the flooring between my desk and the bathroom. My boss has even started giving me greif about it.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I am cheating on the ski department. I am waiting on a freestyle ported big bore to arrive. 701-760 with port. I figure I better be stronger to hold on.

I am drinking enough water. I drink at least 15 good size glasses a day. I may need to replace the flooring between my desk and the bathroom. My boss has even started giving me greif about it.

I figured you were getting lots of water, that is however one of the major pit falls of people who run into a weight loss wall, the easiest way to tell if you are getting enough water is to check the color of your urine, it should be clear and not yellow, if it is yellow you are dehydrated. I learned that in my nutrition class (that's about the only useful thing that I've learned). I'd say just keep up the good work, and don't weigh yourself everyday, try and do it just once or twice a week. I bet one of these days you step on the scale and you'll be down 5 lbs.:biggthumpup:

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
Got the standard 1 pound.

192lbs.

Ran farther and harder today, going to hit the jump rope after the workout.

I will be 189 by next check in. I ain't messin around.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Got the standard 1 pound.

192lbs.

Ran farther and harder today, going to hit the jump rope after the workout.

I will be 189 by next check in. I ain't messin around.

I wonder if you are dropping more fat than the scale shows? And with all the workouts if you aren't adding muscle to compensate thus your marginal weight loss.

tom21

havin fun
Wish I had got in on this at the start. me and the wifey are competing, but I told her I will give her a head start cause I like to exercise plus I am not stuck in an office all day. She has lost a few pounds, slowly. I need some motivation. And I am gettin bored waiting to get it going.

Top Bottom