Dual Front Exhaust System with Custom Sponsons & Nose Modification

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I'll gladly submit my square for experimentation purposes.
:sneaky:

Same here :afro:

I cut the tray out today, and finished removing the bulk of the foam.

If I had more room in my garage I'd probably take your offer.

Can you post some pictures of you SN with the tray removed?

Here's a picture of my RN with the tray gone, notice the ledge on the front of the bulk head, this is one of the places to attach the new tray and I'm not sure the square has this.

Attachments

• Picture 200.jpg
    Picture 200.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 201.jpg
    Picture 201.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 203.jpg
    Picture 203.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 206.jpg
    Picture 206.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Picture 258.jpg
    Picture 258.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 149

Boris

The Good Old Days
The square has a different shape in the dash board area where is meets the tray. The lip in the bulk head isn't there (maybe it is under the dash board step but never cut deep enough to find out) but I made my own out of some aluminum.
Maybe someone who cut the square top deck off has seen the lip in the bulk head ?

Here's a couple of pictures, have many more if you need them.

Attachments

• DSC01824s.jpg
    DSC01824s.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC01837s.jpg
    DSC01837s.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 140

#ZERO

Beach Bum
It's hard to tell from the pictures if the SN has that ledge or not.

You could always use some fiberglass plates or flat aluminum strips under the seams in that area.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Would you offer a refund minus the shipping (And I would send it back unmolested of course) if I bought one and decided it was going to be too much of a pain for my novice glass skills to make it fit? If so, mark me down for one in a couple weeks for sure.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I designed the tray about 5/8 of an inch higher then the Rev footholds so they should be plenty of room with 25mm under padding.

Also the ankle is inclined forward with plenty of room for under padding around the legs.

If the impact is too hard you should still be able to fall into the tray without worrying about leg injuries.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
The big bore stroker will be going in real soon and I can't wait to see how this thing is going to run and sound with dual front exhaust. :smokin:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
You better let me ride it! YOu can ride my X2. It'll rip harder than any other X2 you've ever ridden. Fortunatly for me, the only other X2 you've ridden is Tom's and my grandma swims faster than that thing. :haha:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
How did you get the area inside your tray so clean? lol

I'm being serious. I've been sanding on my ******** for two days trying to knock the last little layer of foam off everything before I glass it all up back there. It's a pain trying to get in every crack and crevice, and I'm paranoid about having a totally clean surface to glass to. Way slow going... tips would be awesome

Top Bottom