E-T 967 Dyno results

I have known of art longer than I have been into jet skis. It wasn't until recently that I put the 2 together. He did the same exact thing a few years back in in the snowmobile world. He came out with something similar to a more expensive item and it ended badly if I recall. So yes people, you should ALL do your research before you post... and before you buy

I would love to know what?

But that dyno sheet is missing a bunch of numbers.......

Why can't you compare a race engine and a freestyle engine? It's all about horse power and torque right? Does a race engine not make horsepower or torque? Does one not run on gasoline? Like I don't get it......
Race motors usually have a high port timing which is not what you want in a freestyle setup a stock 760 motor with higher pt is 20 more hp then a 61x but we all run 61x cylinders just saying a race motor may have a ton of hp but not when you want it just my 2cents

swapmeet

Brotastic
Well since you guys have the dyno at your disposal it would only make sense to get your hands on some other brands and get some numbers out there. Id rather brag on the Internet that my engine makes more power (with proof) than oh hey look at me I have dyno and only have dyno sheets for my own engines. From a marketing standpoint this would make sense.

Kinda sounds like a hull mfg I know of. Tons of fancy stats on their revolutionary hull material on their fancy website, but no comparative information to the material used in rest of the industry.

Bravo to E-Tech for posting dyno results. Brian has a point, its tough to know if your numbers are good without some contrasting data. I 100% agree, a 701 with a B-pipe and a Enhancer would probably be a good baseline.
I'm also curious to hear about this new ignition... but i'll wait for the official announcement I guess.

So, sort of off topic, how does that dyno load the motor? If its long winded or not worth discussing don't sweat it. Just curious how it works, because so many here say that running our motors on a dyno is pointless etc.

just having and ...using a dyno to test changes in porting and other motor changes and supporting bolt ons is impressive in this community of seat of pantsers and hype pushers. When you post results of your own 2 motors for buyers to review on the most competitive priced motor in the market,your doing something right. I dont think anyone really believes this is anything close to a copy of another design. Real results,less hype is nice to see here

I use a Land and Sea water brake and software controlled by hand or or auto load water valve. I prefer the operate the valve manually.
The dyno stand i built 15 years ago.

Attachments

• ET Dyno.jpg
    ET Dyno.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 295
Im not sure it would be worth all the extra rotating inertia for off idle hit most guys want. Once the engine is in the meat of the power band I am sure the power would be sweet though! Always got to take into consideration all the blow through when using forced induction on a 2 stroke.

Let me rephrase, I dont think it will work in our setups.
I would have to agree. takes more torque/power to spin a supercharger than some would think. The 4 stroke market can crank a supercharger over no problem but how much less torque a 2 stroke makes at the low rpms will make it a dog. High speed racing boats on the other hand would probably benefit from the high end potential!

Top Bottom