Other East coasters

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Damn, I havent seen all this, we just moved so we've been w/o satelite TV for a few days, but that $hit looks nasty. Whats the temp up there? At least down here its warm when hurricanes roll through, a cold hurricane is kinda weird, thats like a snow storm in july, lol. I know what you all are going through, we lost almost everything in Ivan back in 04. Hope you all stay safe!

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Air and ocean in the mid 60s, so luckily its not that cold. Normally the bad coastal storms are nor'esters in feb when its 10F, so atleast we arent freezing tonight.

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
Hey guys been seening everything on the news and just wanted to wish you good luck from the west coast and feel free to contact if there is anything I can help with. Stuff is crazy!!!! Can't wait to see video and to hear everyone is ok.

shane

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
My parents are screwed. They just texted me pics. They raised the house 4 feet this year since getting hit with 4 feet of water during Irene and the water just pushed in through the front and side door. 200,000 worth of flood insurance repairs down the drain. Looks like they will be doing it all over again.

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
My parents are screwed. They just texted me pics. They raised the house 4 feet this year since getting hit with 4 feet of water during Irene and the water just pushed in through the front and side door. 200,000 worth of flood insurance repairs down the drain. Looks like they will be doing it all over again.

Sorry to hear.

What a mess.

Brian

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
High tide was around 8pm so hopefully it's all downhil from here. Hope you guys are all hanging in there and you're families are safe and sound.

Just heard that Hurricane Sandy sunk "The MSH Bounty" this morning off the coast of North Carolina. They saved 14 but 2 are still missing after being swept overboard...

EDIT: Of the two that didn't make it into a liferaft, a man, (The Captain) is still missing while a woman was found but unresponsive.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joanlappin/2012/10/29/bounty-rescue-the-u-s-coast-guard-is-amazing/

Last edited:
I have never seen anything like this here on Lake Erie....I mean I have seen 10 footers like we have now...but never with 50MPH winds pushing them in hard! Tomorrow may set a record for what I have personally seen if we get over 13 feet.....

And these are back to back to back 10 footers+ one after another all damn day long! Nasty!!

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Saw this as well. Very sad for everyone.

Ships, as silly as it sounds, are safest at sea, not in port.

Brian

High tide was around 8pm so hopefully it's all downhil from here. Hope you guys are all hanging in there and you're families are safe and sound.

Just heard that Hurricane Sandy sunk "The MSH Bounty" this morning off the coast of North Carolina. They saved 14 but 2 are still missing after being swept overboard...

EDIT: Of the two that didn't make it into a liferaft, a man, (The Captain) is still missing while a woman was found but unresponsive.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joanlappin/2012/10/29/bounty-rescue-the-u-s-coast-guard-is-amazing/

Jet Set Performance

I just wanna ride!
Stay safe guys, I'm keeping ya'll in my thoughts. Here inland is doesn't seem as bad as they were predicting, but it's not over yet. Went down to the Delaware river to check things out this afternoon and it was at high tide levels 2 hours BEFORE high tide! The pic does no justice, but the waves were easily 5 footers, and some nasty looking white caps. On a normal day the current is very swift, I can only imagine what it's like today! For reference, the bridge in the background is the Betsy Ross Bridge.010.jpg011.jpg013.jpg

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Wow that's crazy! Wolfchild actually wasn't kidding when he said it was hype... FLORIDA just got windy but didn't even get a drop of rain where I'm at (on the coast near Daytona). I had no idea it was this severe in NJ! Good luck to everyone and be safe!! Wishing the best to everyone and their families...

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Well I live on the same island as SpecialFx and our island is completely submerged. Earlier my dads Nissan Altima went under and then his prizes ZR1 corvette. We had the corvette up 2ft and it still came in. Actually it was floating
u4egazan.jpg

It's now 9:30pm and the water has begun to go down. Personally thank you to all the PMs I got about the storm and your concerns. Some of you I do not even know personally. I hope all my other friends and riders are fairing ok as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update....sorry for the losses! Its so hard to watch and being so helpless.... there are times when we love mother nature...many prayer for the wave gods but, this is just extra!

Top Bottom