Eme q8 build

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
hey Man your ski looks sick..

i have read through the thread and im a little confused on the hull, at one point you said that the hull can take a 62T then on another that it will take the Kawi set up, is this something that you can chose with eric or is the only option the Kawi

sorry if you addressed this at some point and i missed it..

.. i think that hull is killer!

Last edited:

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
Im going to be useing two diffrant powerplants in this hull this season, the 862cc dasa and a polaris 1000cc. Eric offers a mount
kit for the 62t powerplant but im choosing to have custom bedplates made. So the yami will bolt down direct were the polaris goes. The bedplates will be machined from billit alum. Decals will get started next week.

No. It is sxr. He likes the sxr setup more as u can adj the drivshaft more for alainments, free floating. Ur sj pole will fit..lol. I had to sell all my sj mags and buy all new sxr changeover equipment.
Yes 6000.00 for a complete hull built, with decals and hood. And yes 68lbs hull and 11-12lbs hood. This also includes a built in adj
billit pole bracket. For extra other things can be done to lighten
the setup even more.

These are the two posts im finding confusing... looks like eric offers a 62t kit?

He has diff plates that bolt into the hull. To make a long story short the hull is made for the eme polaris based motor. From there he offers diff plates that bolt on top of the polaris location to move ur kawi or 62t were it needs to be.

Got the drain in, came out perfect. Got a nice bead of loc 2900 along the turf line as seen in pics, cleans up the lines and turf will stay. I did a combination of a thick peice of alum bar across the pole bracket as a stopper and a plastic
composite on the lower. They hit at the same time so its strong. I have alot of hrs into turfing this ski to get it looking perfect..im happy so far. Just need to do the rails.
Pump isnt in yet waiting for the real prop from eric, he sent me a mockup for the custom driveshaft. Mine should be in soon. I plan on having a alum plate stopper that follows the lines instead if one flatstock going across..so it will look better, but this will work for now.

Attachments

• S6300691.jpg
    S6300691.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 176
  • S6300692.jpg
    S6300692.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 243
  • S6300695.jpg
    S6300695.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 241
  • S6300703.jpg
    S6300703.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 218
  • S6300704.jpg
    S6300704.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 147
  • S6300705.jpg
    S6300705.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 130
My billit 650sx coupler came in for the drivshaft. When we copeyed the threads on the 650 shaft i didnt realize it was diff from the sxr,
so finding a billit coupler was hard. monday i plan on getting the motor mocked up and bolted down, then need to make a coupler cover, bat tray needs to be fastened, gas tank hooks. Then the boat goes to the tig welder and the pipe will be cut up to fit. Soon, soon.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
My billit 650sx coupler came in for the drivshaft. When we copeyed the threads on the 650 shaft i didnt realize it was diff from the sxr,
so finding a billit coupler was hard. monday i plan on getting the motor mocked up and bolted down, then need to make a coupler cover, bat tray needs to be fastened, gas tank hooks. Then the boat goes to the tig welder and the pipe will be cut up to fit. Soon, soon.

650 SX's and X2's have an 18mm threaded driveshaft

Later year 650 engines, all 750 and 800 I know of, and 800 SXR's have both engine & drive shaft couplers in 20mm.

ADA Racing now sells both sizes if you need a new one. But if you want a used one, I have some. I have two used red anodized 18mm couplers, two used silver 18mm couplers, and one silver brand new ADA 20mm . I need to ebay them anyway. I needed one 18 and one 20 for my X2. I bought the red ones because I could never find any 18mm billets. Then I got the 20mm ADA's to fit my engine side, and then found the used 18mm silvers. Next thing I know ADA starts making 18's when I bugegd them for 6 months to make me one... figures...

Sorry about the old lady. My experience is pretty much everyone cheats. My stupid ex tracked me down after 7 years of being split up. Well I guess she is getting divorced from the guy9 exfriend) she left me for. He is pretty much a douche/deadbeat. I was quick to point out how the grass is not alwas greener.

Ya it sucks, i did get to healthy little girls out of the relashionship
which im thankful for. Me and her are on good terms and she isnt trying to screw me in any way so that is good. I just need to find the right one..one that has more morrals, not as - and thinks on the brighter side of things. But this happened almost month and a half ago..getting this ski done is one of the only things keeping me happy right now.

Top Bottom