Freestyle Engine blew-10 hours into it- who is @ fault?

BlasterDisaster

Back Flips & Barrel Rolls
ignorance.... I didn't know anything about engines when I bought it... when it finally came in we went back and forth for a while trying to come to a resolution. ultimately, he convinced me that whatever the issue was with the piston hitting the domes was an easy fix and likely something that was a result of me improperly installing he head. naïve me believed him and figured I'd figure it out whenever I was finally ready to drop the motor into my new hull. well a couple years later I was finally ready and shot some pics of the port job to Judge to ask for assistance with a carb suggestion and he made it very clear I had been lied to about the port job and he couldn't make any recommendations based on the terrible porting job in the pictures I sent him.

bottom line.... I trusted that Chris knew what he was talking about and my lack of knowledge made me the perfect target to be scammed. I should have known something was wrong when it took forever for my motor to finally show up. I should have know something was wrong when it arrived unassembled. And I should have known something was wrong when I put the head on and the pistons wouldn't clear the domes. It's actually pretty embarrassing how bad I got screwed.... Paypal would have had my back no doubt...

So whatcha say Chris?! You ready to buy this turd back from me?

BlasterDisaster

eh, just read the paypal policy.... my purchase wasn't eligible for buyer protection because it was paid for with more than one transaction. Good to know that failure to pay for a purchase in a single transaction voids any sort of paypal buyer protection. take note folks!

Unsure as to why this came up 3.5 years later.. but if you would like to send me a message, Maybe there is something I can do to help you...

Wish I heard something sooner in regards to this.... .

Anyways shoot me over a message, I honestly don't remember something that happened 3.5 years ago, but hey, if its something we can fix, lets do it.

BlasterDisaster

I still haven't gotten any sort of response to the pm I sent you Chris....

4eff2b9257cda4b33fc603fbe8802219.jpg

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Still no pics of where the crank broke. Did it break in the middle of the rod. Did it break in the middle of the bearings.
Normally if they break in the middle of the bearings it's because of water intrusion.
If they break in the middle of the rod with no signs of bending prior it's normally a weak rod
Did some one squish clearance the engine. Was the head piston hitting the head this can cause slightly flexing on the rod and will break the rod as well.

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Still no pics of where the crank broke. Did it break in the middle of the rod. Did it break in the middle of the bearings.
Normally if they break in the middle of the bearings it's because of water intrusion.
If they break in the middle of the rod with no signs of bending prior it's normally a weak rod
Did some one squish clearance the engine. Was the head piston hitting the head this can cause slightly flexing on the rod and will break the rod as well.

Squish clearance is checked on every engine we built. The rod break in the middle of it. that was not a bearing issue.

10 tanks of fuel is a good weekend on the river....not half the summer!

That what BOB told me. If you ride 10 oem tanks of fuel in 2 days, good for you, but its not the case for everybody.

Which argument ?
The argument at hand!, this guy feels like he got screwd and he choose to use junk parts and now ages later he's pissed, now were tryn to diagnose the motor with technical bs, 10hrs? Put an hour meter on it before you guess, 10hrs is a lot more than most think, my limited sj gets less than on an hour on a tank so that would make 50gal of fuel mabe more with break in, bad motor build wont last for 10hrs in a boat, car, motorcycle, lawnmower, rc car, weed eater, tractor, snowblower, washing machine, it dont matter, sorry to guy who lost his motor but poop sometimes happens with cheap parts don't blame the builder

Top Bottom