Freestyle Epic curve thread

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Hi finally getting around to setting up the ATP flame ts2 i have, I'm running a et 967 with dual 46 mikuni, and a brand new power factor pipe, hoping to see what the current curves are next Monday when my usb arrives, but in the meantime does anyone have a good curve recommendation??
The curves it comes with are perfectly fine for pretty much any engine. I run them on a et967 myself.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Where is this zeel thread, i tried searching for it but am unsure if I've found it lol

Quinc

Buy a Superjet

Well i just need to locate a usb cable for the ATP flame ts2 now, i thought i had one from a fellow on Facebook but it's for the older epic model.. if anyone has any leads on one lmk

Figured it out, should have followed the software instruction lol anyways here is what is installed currently in the unit, is the 34° advance in the wax v3 safe for a et967@ 180psi, 91 octane, with a PFP ran dry? Atp seems to think it's too much....

Attachments

• 20211025_152836.jpg
    20211025_152836.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 28
They my do sustained full throttle testing. They may also realize that a carb tune only a tiny bit lean of best power will raise octane requirements by a lot. They may even care about their customers???

I'm just curious that's all, atp has been great!! I've just been finding allot of different feedback where some are running high advance on 91 octane and others say don't go past 30°, i haven't messed with any of it as of yet

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Figured it out, should have followed the software instruction lol anyways here is what is installed currently in the unit, is the 34° advance in the wax v3 safe for a et967@ 180psi, 91 octane, with a PFP ran dry? Atp seems to think it's too much....
Down where it dynamic compression ratio is fine up where the dynamic compression spikes its not ok
the v3 curve is way safer than the curve you posted above

So i figured out where this l the issue is!! And i can't thank atp enough for the great communication when i replaced engine i had marked the original position of the stator, but wasn't sure if i had the newer unit or older unit, so i set it at the 40° static timing which is obviously 10° less then where i marked it at, wasn't sure if somebody had set it wrong before me or not so figured id go with their recommendation, after plugging into it and having atp check it with serial number the confusion is cleared up, need to reset static to 50° btdc for the unit i have!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-104245_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-104245_Gmail.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom