Erickson performance input...help

I've also had 3 very good experiences with newmiller machine when I was doing kawi things. Chris was always very good with communication and turn around time. And did excellent work. I went with jr mainly because he was closer, been in the sport for years, and still rides, plus he was very knowledgeable with the TNT chamber I have as he runs one in his personal ski. The only downside for me with newmiller was he was on the opposite coast otherwise I would have gone with him on my Yamaha engine.

I dealt with Erickson a few months ago… sent in a blown ET1107 I bought he resleeved and made custom pump gas domes around the time that Art passed. His communication wasnt great but I got my stuff in about 2 months. I would constantly call and text for updates, and he would respond fairly quick. Maybe I got lucky!

Fancy fate

Can't have anything nice.
Update, he shipped all my stuff back after being posted in fb and said shipping was 200 dollars which when I sent the motor I provided ups labels to ship back. He texted me saying don't worry about any payment or shipping. Inspected everything on return. It is bored and cylinder is ported, domes look to be cut, cases are not trenched(like was told everything was ready for the crank). Is what it is. I'll stick to using lpw for my needs. I've used other builders and never had an issue. My first flip ski me and Phil Clemmons did and never touched a thing on it for 3 seasons.

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
I'd pay him anyways. And that shipping. Wouldn't give him any sort of leg to stand on in the deal. Principle matters to some, and not at all to others

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fancy fate

I'd pay him anyways. And that shipping. Wouldn't give him any sort of leg to stand on in the deal. Principle matters to some, and not at all to others

I request invoice for all work performed. I wouldn't pay shipping when I prepaid it to come back, I'm not responsible you lost the ups labels I sent

@jr did my engine work, full case epoxy port, cylinder port and bore in a week and had it back to me. I am about 5 hours from him. He met me in Charlotte while in route for another job and picked up as well as dropped off in that week. He has been super quick to respond with any questions I've had after the Sale. I cant ask for better service than that and his engine absolutely rips.
@jr did my 760 too, super fast turnaround and it rips hard!!!!!!!

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
I request invoice for all work performed. I wouldn't pay shipping when I prepaid it to come back, I'm not responsible you lost the ups labels I sent
More out of spite I guess. Like if dude even mentioned money, he feels he's owed it. Just doesn't wanna look like a chump online asking for it. I'd give him everything he asked and then if and when I ever saw him in person, or publicly advertising his business, I'd give him a good piece of my mind along with everyone around him. If you don't pay, he can say it did the work for free. But at least you got your stuff back

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
This can end with him doing the right thing. His service wasn't up to your standards but he made it right in the end. Glad to hear. Not that anyone is so far, but let's not turn this into a bash fest.

Fancy fate

This can end with him doing the right thing. His service wasn't up to your standards but he made it right in the end. Glad to hear. Not that anyone is so far, but let's not turn this into a bash fest.
Definitely not bashing the guy, clear communication needs to go along with craftsmanship. Had plenty of cash set aside for the project. Just 4 months with poor communication doesn't work when I have patience. If he responded with correct and timely responses none of this would have happened. I deleted reviews and post and moved on. Now I have to still get this motor redone at the peak of build season.

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
I disagree. There is multiple posts about his bad service. Regardless of how many good.I think removing posts hurts potential future customers. He has a bad attitude for someone calling themselves a industry provider. Communication is absolutely the number one thing for customer service. Trying to shove this under the rug is just going to further the idea that he can do this to people and get away with it. For every 1 person that actually publicly complained, there is 10 that didn't. Its 2022. If someone doesn't answer a text, they are straight up ignoring you and don't care.

Word of mouth is word of mouth. Don't try and censor it. Leave any and all negative, or positive reviews of a company or transaction up permanently. For all to see and make their own decision.

Fancy fate

I disagree. There is multiple posts about his bad service. Regardless of how many good.I think removing posts hurts potential future customers. He has a bad attitude for someone calling themselves a industry provider. Communication is absolutely the number one thing for customer service. Trying to shove this under the rug is just going to further the idea that he can do this to people and get away with it. For every 1 person that actually publicly complained, there is 10 that didn't. Its 2022. If someone doesn't answer a text, they are straight up ignoring you and don't care.

Word of mouth is word of mouth. Don't try and censor it. Leave any and all negative, or positive reviews of a company or transaction up permanently. For all to see and make their own decision.

Tactic was to get my poop back. I've got a ton of messages about ppl that were and are in the same boat I was. I don't think he's a poop machinest and my post wasn't about his craftsmanship, but he is crap at business side. I don't do the fb 100,000 drama post. This forum post won't be deleted. I take the x of fb anyday

way2manyhobbies2keep

https://www.ebay.com/usr/way2manyhobbies2keep?_trk
I sent 2 760 flywheels for machining, one RAD charging flywheel for repair and ordered 2 zeel setups.

After they landed are ericksons he sat on my order for 8 months blaming it on zeel delivery, but he hadnt taken my money yet... just had my parts

so he says the order is ready and takes my money, and upcharges me for the zeels citing a pricing change...... cool, no tracking, hit him up 2 weeks later, excuses and no tracking, 2 weeks later, same thing but this time i get tracking... tacking that never moves. Hit him up, more excuses, my parts finally shipped the following week.

The rad flywheel I had repaired and paid for failed on the first crank.

And the shirt he sent with the order feels like freaking cardboard.

never again, not even for warranty, chasing people is almost worse then being scammed.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I honestly dont get why people do not do research on this guy........... He is a clown................. He has taken more money from people and never provided product........ He bought 24/7 Innovations and ran it to the ground............. Now he does Machine Work and has terrible communications.............

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I honestly dont get why people do not do research on this guy........... He is a clown................. He has taken more money from people and never provided product........ He bought 24/7 Innovations and ran it to the ground............. Now he does Machine Work and has terrible communications.............
I didn't realize this was that Mark , yeah from the work of his I have seen in person I say run !

X2 bottom fills that didn't fit and were not symmetrical , we i went to the Pensacola beach freeride he was at the hotel drilling holes in a brand new carbon fiber X2 he built to let the water out

The other carbon fiber X2 he built is somewhere on the ocean floor at Navarre beach where it sank and was never recovered , this is not heresay I was at both places and witnessed both occurrences.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I didn't realize this was that Mark , yeah from the work of his I have seen in person I say run !

X2 bottom fills that didn't fit and were not symmetrical , we i went to the Pensacola beach freeride he was at the hotel drilling holes in a brand new carbon fiber X2 he built to let the water out

The other carbon fiber X2 he built is somewhere on the ocean floor at Navarre beach where it sank and was never recovered , this is not heresay I was at both places and witnessed both occurrences.
I was there on Saturday when that one sunk............. Same day I busted my ankle doing rolls in 1' of water!!!!!!!! Chick had to take me to the ER!!!!!!!!

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
Like most machinists. He learned it all from his dad. Who learned it from his dad. Who didn't know how to read. So you got alot of good experience. Combined with being absolutely unable to take criticism. Recipe for disaster.

Look at a person's work bench in their pics. Look how they organize their tools. Look how they apply silicone. 3 things that will tell you all you need to know about a mechanic

Also. If a dude is in his 40s. Making youtube vids, while still having the playground lisp he got bullied for. You probably should seek a different opinion

Support those who support the sport.

paul Lehr will answer his phone and you can hear his excitement for your ski/project. He has fast turn around and is very accurate with his work load.

Brian Sizemore / torrent is the same way as Paul. Best part is when i hear Brian’s advice to top riders and it’s the same he had told me (a beat up 40 something dude holding on to my youth). Lol Brian’s attention to detail is some of the best in the business.

Chris williams Jetmaniac I usually text him with my needs and magically I have parts in 2 days. Crazy fast.

Ed B full spectrum

Use the guys that most of us use and you will have great results.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Support those who support the sport.

paul Lehr will answer his phone and you can hear his excitement for your ski/project. He has fast turn around and is very accurate with his work load.

Brian Sizemore / torrent is the same way as Paul. Best part is when i hear Brian’s advice to top riders and it’s the same he had told me (a beat up 40 something dude holding on to my youth). Lol Brian’s attention to detail is some of the best in the business.

Chris williams Jetmaniac I usually text him with my needs and magically I have parts in 2 days. Crazy fast.

Ed B full spectrum

Use the guys that most of us use and you will have great results.
I guess its my turn now.

Top Bottom