ET 967 Tuning Thread

Man the curves people are throwing around for these ET motors make me feel like a complete wuss using the Wax curve. That's a lot more agressive.
LOL, don't feel bad. I am at 39 degrees, and the curve I am running is far more aggressive than what I have seen. Guess it kind of depends where you want your power to show up at.

And how much octane you’re running lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously, only running 93. I am running this set up.
180psi
Dual 46 on php mani and v2s
2.3 n&s
120p
110m
Pop off 18
3/4 out on low
1-1/4 out on high
PhP laydown / ran dry
This ski dialed in on the fat side. Also running Dominator at 40:1.

On a side note, ran a compression test yesterday at 180/180, and dropped a scope in the cylinder, pistons are still clean as the ski is running on the fat side, and cylinder walls are still perfect. Motor has 25 hours since it went to 94.5 pistons last year, and will be for sale in the next few weeks after my new motor is built. It will come with extra PV blades, springs, bellows, retainers, and extra domes.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
180psi
2.3 n&s
120p
110m
Pop off 18
3/4 out on low
1-1/4 out on high
PhP laydown / ran dry

On a side note, ran a compression test yesterday at 180/180, and dropped a scope in the cylinder, pistons are still clean as the ski is running on the fat side, and cylinder walls are still perfect. Motor has 25 hours since it went to 94.5 pistons last year, and will be for sale in the next few weeks after my new motor is built. It will come with extra PV blades, springs, bellows, retainers, and extra domes.
Did you notice a gain between 32 and 39 degrees of timing? (Not sure if you compared). I never saw much of a difference going past 32 on my 1107

Did you notice a gain between 32 and 39 degrees of timing? (Not sure if you compared). I never saw much of a difference going past 32 on my 1107
I ride it all the time, so I don't really notice changes as much as my buddy I use as a tester, as he rides it from time to time. I thought I noticed a difference, but he definitely felt it change. I mess with where I add and take away in the rpm range, as you would do on a dyno with a car. I can post up the curve tomorrow when I get to the shop. Just to be clear, this is a 967 not a 1107. I am pretty sure a stroker vs stock stroke is going to be different in when to add and pull timing.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
I ride it all the time, so I don't really notice changes as much as my buddy I use as a tester, as he rides it from time to time. I thought I noticed a difference, but he definitely felt it change. I mess with where I add and take away in the rpm range, as you would do on a dyno with a car. I can post up the curve tomorrow when I get to the shop. Just to be clear, this is a 967 not a 1107. I am pretty sure a stroker vs stock stroke is going to be different in when to add and pull timing.
Oh ya no doubt. I don’t even have that motor anymore. That said, art suggested basically the same curve for the 1107 as was posted a few back for the 967. Of course, 32 degrees on a 10mm stroker is more aggressive than 32 degrees on a stock stroke (crank angle, piston height and all that). The curve a few posts back seems to be pretty damn to close to what all the motor MFGs are suggesting for a wide variety of motors which is kinda mind blowing.

180psi
2.3 n&s
120p
110m
Pop off 18
3/4 out on low
1-1/4 out on high
PhP laydown / ran dry

Crazy. I’m running 125p, 135mains and sure I’m a bit rich but not significant. You’re running 30points total lower than me which blows my mind lol. Definitely going to have to tinker with the mains a bit to dial it in.

Finally got out riding this year and got this motor hitting more like it should. Still room left to tune between timing, pipe and carbs but much better than last year. Feels more like a big motor than a glorified 701.

Carbs: Novi 48s
Pump gas
Main jet: 125
Pilot jet: 135
Return jet: 60
Popoff: 115g spring
Needle and seat: 2.3
Low screw: 5/8
High screw: 3/4
Pump: oem 155, exit nozzle: 90mm, steering: 94mm
Prop: Skat 5/10 thin long blade
Pipe: powerfactor ran wet. 80 jet in spray bar
Ignition: charging zeel with wax curve
Hull: Carbon WDK Weapon

joecef

Live fast, Die Fat
Finally got out riding this year and got this motor hitting more like it should. Still room left to tune between timing, pipe and carbs but much better than last year. Feels more like a big motor than a glorified 701.

Pump gas

I had the exact same issue last year. Exact same set up as well. This is what I swapped too. And it woke it up.

135 pilot
125 main
17 psi pop off
2.3 needle
Silver spring

I still have room for adjustments. I also just swapped my pipe from dry to wet.

Got some used ones.
What condition ?

Pump gas
60 on return jet is small !! I'll have to go to the no. 80 !

Top Bottom