excuse me mam, do you smoke?

Seen the video a long time ago, prime example why all the tree hugging hippies are going after the diesel community, pure stupidity on the owner/drivers part. Drive a diesel that's properly tuned and you wont have that issue.. My 6.0s tuned, deleted, etc and the only time it will puff smoke is if I hammer it before the turbo lights, after that, barely a haze. Irresponsible idiots that give the diesel world a bad name plain and simple. Rolling coal does nothing but waste fuel and at over 4 bucks a gallon i like to conserve as much as I can..

I agree with Linden though, its always funny to see a 8000+lb truck wax a mustang, camaro, or w/e other small sporty car lol. Most people have no clue what a newer diesel truck is capable of.. "Oh that's a crew cab dually, i can smoke him..." LOL

Like superjett said, people think that hybrids are the answer but neglect to think about the long term effects of the battery production/disposal. I look forward to hearing all those hybrid owners cry about how much batteries cost when they need to replace theirs.. $7-10k.. Ill keep my diesel. If it wasn't for the EPA diesels in this country would get much better millage, the TDIs already do 45-60mpg depending on the setup. IMO there is no "perfect solution" other than everyone riding bicycles or horses and we KNOW that's not going to happen lol. We will never get away from fossil fuels, too many people make too much money off oil to let that happen..

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Matt_E. Flopro has a 4" downpipe 5" downpipe back for your truck for like 350 bucks. sounds great, has a muffler and isnt too loud. i had one on my 02 24v. AIRDOG has the BEST liftpumps. pricy, but worth it. and if your vp44 goes out, stay with BOSCH, again pricy but all the other ones fail faster than the OEM style. and its funny, the HO VP44 will not support as much Horsepower as the SO. http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/ <pretty cool guys with tech support.

Heh. Sooner or later, fossil fuels will get away from us. This isn't really a choice type of deal

I know they will run out sooner or later, but I doubt I will ever see it.. Like I said, too many people stand to gain too much from fossil fuels to give them up before they have to. When Marty and Doc traveled to 2015 there was all kinds of cool stuff that we don't have now.. flying cars, hover boards, etc I just want to know where my effing hoverboard is!!!! haha

Its amazing to look back and see what people visioned the future to look like, boy would they be disappointed lol

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
When Marty and Doc traveled to 2015 there was all kinds of cool stuff that we don't have now.. flying cars, hover boards, etc
They actually traveled to 2012 and we alread passed that up so I guess we are just stuck with our fine hot rod diesels.

Imo diesel is the wave of the future. It hasn't caught on in America but look elsewhere and diesels are in high numbers. GM and ford both have 1/2 ton diesel trucks but not in the states. Even diesel rangers.

steedsta

Squid
They actually traveled to 2012 and we alread passed that up so I guess we are just stuck with our fine hot rod diesels.

Imo diesel is the wave of the future. It hasn't caught on in America but look elsewhere and diesels are in high numbers. GM and ford both have 1/2 ton diesel trucks but not in the states. Even diesel rangers.

yea i agree, especially in australia, my frontier in australia is a turbo diesal.. thatd be fun

ProSouth

The toyota Hilux (tacoma) is also offered in Diesel. i've actually seen an early 90's hilux here in the states and its pretty damn cool.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Love those movies. The time jumps were always even numbers. -30 years, +30 years, -100 years from the reference 1985

They actually traveled to 2015 and we alread passed that up so I guess we are just stuck with our fine hot rod diesels.

Fixed it for ya lol. :twak::lmao:

Diesel has alot to offer but until the EPA lightens up were stuck.. Also, if the industry was more focused on fuel economy our trucks would do much better than 16-20 but everyone wants to have the fastest with the highest HP blah blah blah lol. Priorities are in the wrong places and emissions just makes it worse. Granted its nice to have a 450hp/800tq truck, I would rather have one that got killer mpg and pulled alright.

Ford produced a truck in brazil (f100) that was essentially a single cab short bed super duty with a smaller turbo diesel in it (IIRC). Pretty sweet rig and im sure they would sell like hotcakes here, but from what I read the r&d for the emission systems was not cost effective.

no, it was 2015

yup

There's a guy that owns a bar here in my town, looks EXACTLY like Doc, hair and all lol He drives a dually but if I ever get my hands on a DeLorean i'm going to get my pic taken with him lol.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
A buddy of mine had a diesel Grand Cherokee that he just sold recently. He was tired of working on it. I'll have to ask him what kind of mpg he got compared to his 5.7 Grand Cherokee. It was a recent model, I didn't realize they made them until seeing his.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
A buddy of mine had a diesel Grand Cherokee that he just sold recently. He was tired of working on it. I'll have to ask him what kind of mpg he got compared to his 5.7 Grand Cherokee. It was a recent model, I didn't realize they made them until seeing his.

Diesel Power Mag did a few mods to the diesel Grand Cherokee and were able to hit 30mpg.

Also Im sure I have it but a few issues back in Diesel Power, they discussed all the 1/2 ton diesel engines the Big 3 have and why they wont produce them in the states. Ford wont replace Ecoboost due to great sales, and it would be hard to justify the added cost and maintenance of the diesel for only a few more mpgs. GM is just waiting for someone else to make the move (although they had their diesel half ton ready to go a few years ago). Dodge has a little cummins but with the cost of all the emissions, the article stated "it would cost Dodge more for one exhaust system for a diesel then it would for a whole HEMI".

ProSouth

Nissan and cummins were supposedly putting together a newer 4bt style engine for a titan and would "average" 25 mpgs. Think they saod release date (if both companies can get right) would be 2015., thought that would be a prettu cool set up

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
You're not supposed to tow in O/D.
I like my Diesel for towing, but without O/D I'm pretty much redlining at 65mph. And I get chit mileage. Any way to fix that?

Not "supposed" to? says who? I guess you have an auto? If the transmission isnt constantly going into vortex flow or downshifting drive it in O/D... I have to use my dads Powerstroke to move my 15000 lbs boat around due to insurance/ oversized load permit reasons and I pulled that sucker from FL to MO in O/D the whole way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom