Super Jet Factory B Pipe Install

No need to change the spring. If you don't remove the carbs, there is a big chance to strip the screws heads holding the diaphragms. They are soft as hell.. Order the adjusting screws with handles so you know how many turns u've done and for easy adjustment. Use good screw driver, remove the carbs.

so tomorrow morning, these would the steps to follow?

1. remove both carburetors
2. swap stock main jet with 135 jet in both carburetors
3. close high speed needle then open 1/2 turn
4. close low speed needle then open 1 1/4 turn
5. install carburetors
6. install pipe and cooling lines
7. close all three screws on b-pipe and open the bottom screw 3/4

Start er up and hope for the best?

D-Roc

I forgot!
You will have to shorten the two bolts on the top center of the exhaust manifold. Be sure to do this so you don't crack your manifold. Grind and bend an old wrench to add to your tools.

You will have to shorten the two bolts on the top center of the exhaust manifold. Be sure to do this so you don't crack your manifold. Grind and bend an old wrench to add to your tools.

How come it doesn't say that in the installation manual? I looked at the package earlier and i seen that it came with bolts, maybe they're already cut? I bought the pipe from blowsion.

i'm gonna head out to start working on it. I'll check the package again to see the bolts, you're probably right. I'm just wondering why they don't say nothing about that in the instructions. All i see is put locktite on the two bolts top center all the way in till you don't see any threads left.

quote from the instructions....". Apply Loctite 242 on two of the stock 8mm exhaust bolts. Install the two bolts (top center), with the manifold gasket (item #15) onto the cylinder. Run the bolts in until no threads are showing."

D-Roc

I forgot!
You then slide the manifold up onto those bolts but they tend to bottom out before you are able to torque them up. Once you start at it you should see what I mean.

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
Hey, I'm alsoinstalling the b-pipe. Doing it right now, just having a break for lunch. You will have to cut those two top center bolts, they'll bottom out before torking them down. I also had to add a washer to the top right bolt, started getting tight, and I was still able to see some threads, could have cut it also but I decided to add a washer since there's room, but there's no room for washers on the top two in the center. I'll let you know if I run into any other problems. As for the jets, I'm installing two 135 main jets and I'm gonna wait on the springs, gonna see how it runs with the 115g springs.

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
Sweet, I'm gonna try it out with the stock spring and see how things go.
As for other things with the install. The gas tank needs to come out. I tried without removing it, and I couldn't get the pipe in there. I thought people were saying to remove it so that it's easier to hook up the elbow to the water box, but the hard part is getting the pipe in there after. I eventually took the tank out and the pipe slid in. I also left the battery tray in place, but I had to take it out to get the tank back in. Maybe tomorrow if I have time, I'll take the carbs off and change the main jets.

Things seem to be going well, and ya, I had to remove the tank and battery tray. I have the pipe in and the jets in. But am having some trouble getting the caps off. I can easily get to the outside caps, but how do I get the caps that are between the carburetors?

Also, how thick are these covers? I drilled about a quarter inch in and I'm still not thru. Finally made it thru one, but then the screw snapped. Now I'm drilling it again. These things are a biatch to take off. The ones in between the carbs are gonna be worse. How do you guys get these off?

Last edited:

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
How hard is it to synchronize the carburetors? Anyone know? I can't see it being that hard since it's already set up. Can someone chim in on this? I don't wanna have to bring them in, labour is too expensive here :(

D-Roc

I forgot!
Not sure how the oem linkage works but I believe it is adjustable. If you can separate them without changing the adjustment it should go back together. Just be sure to check they are in sync after they at back together. Back the idle set screw off and ensure both throttle plates are seating closed in the carb throat. If the slave carb has a gap then make the adjustment. Did you get the caps off?

I haven't taken the caps out yet, never tried again yet lol. Should these be cut? I've seen people cut them off there carbs, do they need to be cut to fit the adjusters? Or can i just "somehow" drill them out and install the adjusters?

I'm glad I didn't try and ride my ski yet. I didn't realize that was 1/2 turn for the high speed. Definitely thought that was 1-2!! Good looks!

Top Bottom