Super Jet Factory B Pipe Install

D-Roc

I forgot!
Good I was thinking your a tad rich as well with the way you have your idle set. So you could raise the idle a bit to match your low screw setting. Or if you like your idle rpms lean the screw in a bit to see if it cleans up the idle. If set correct it should idle all day. If not it will slowly loose rpms and get rough idling until it floods ands stalls out.

D-Roc

I forgot!
If your not running dual cooling and feeding the head pipe with preheated engine water it will be hot. If you restrict and tee you will heat it up more so yeah. If you have no overheat sensor hooked up you could overheat the motor

Awesome, thx for the reply. I'm gonna try bringing up the idle a bit to see what happens. I bought the dual cooling but I didn't install it yet since I heard I don't need it until I do the head/ flame arrestors... Is the overheat sensor the one that's on the stock head? I have it disconnected since I unplugged it to install the dual bilge pumps. Should I somehow re-wire it?

not to highjack your thread, but did the factory pipe come with the jets and springs or do i need to get those seperate? i have a pipe on the way directly from factory pipe.

The 135 jets came with it, but not the springs. I msg'd factory and they said that they usually don't come with the jets, but I ordered from blowsion, and they add the jets.

D-Roc

I forgot!
If you rewired the sensor it would let you know if your motor is getting to hot. Once you get it right you could disconnect it again but why? Keep at it you close now.

Umm, I don't think I have a flow valve, not sure what that even is. I forget how the ebox is setup and wonder if I can somehow tie the heat sensor in with the bilge pumps. I'm currently at work and won't see the ski till later on.

D-Roc

I forgot!
The flow valve is a pressure activated valve that shuts the water flow thru the stinger into the waterbox. It is a great part for keeping the waterbox dry and empty at low rpms. Promotes crisp low throttle response.

Weird, I can't edit my last post with my phone. Dunno why I asked that, it clearly goes in between the pipe and waterbox. I've never heard of anyone installing one, I'll look into it. Can I buy one at any parts store? Which size do I need to buy?

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
Hmm, i should probably pick up a flow valve also. I have my needles set the same way as you and my ski seems to run fine, i think you might just need to turn up your idle a bit.

Top Bottom