Custom/Hybrid First AM Hull Footrocket Build

chadetroit

Get Wet
Hoping to get a little work done this weekend. Special thanks to Sanoman for helping me work the hood hooks and prongs out yesterday.

Hooks and prongs are in as well as front latch.

Goal this weekend is to get pump, water box, handle pole installed and maybe turf and cut down the footholds.

Waiting on the epic to come back from reprogramming and need to get my midshaft pressed into the housing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369503139.731043.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369503159.644953.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369503176.124716.jpg

chadetroit

Get Wet
Have next to no time to build but keep chipping away when I get a spare 30 minutes or so. Here is an aluminum battery box I made up for the anti-grav

yvu7ata6.jpg

chadetroit

Get Wet
In my 20 minutes at a time work method to keep chipping away at this thing I installed rivet nuts, silicone sealed the hardware on the inside then put a silicone cap over the hardware and sealed that. Hopefully just using lock washers and some locktite will keep the screws firmly in place. This will enable the sponsons to come on and off from the outside and also seal up the holes.

eraneqym.jpg

a4epajer.jpg

ujuva6eb.jpg

Last edited:

chadetroit

Get Wet
Nothing I can do about that timeline, life dictates what it will.

The rocket comes with just socket cap screws that run through the hull and nylock nuts to secure them. These should be sealed if you want to run them. But sealing them means they are not as removable if you want to switch up and ride without the sponsons on because you would have to break that seal when you remove the screws. This allows easy removal and you can run it without sponsons and leave the screws out. Also the front attachment point is hard to get to on the inside once the water box is in place

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
In my 20 minutes at a time work method to keep chipping away at this thing I installed rivet nuts, silicone sealed the hardware on the inside then put a silicone cap over the hardware and sealed that. Hopefully just using lock washers and some locktite will keep the screws firmly in place. This will enable the sponsons to come on and off from the outside and also seal up the holes.

eraneqym.jpg

a4epajer.jpg

ujuva6eb.jpg

Interesting.
I tapped eight of these little aluminum plates and glassed them onto the hull with some carbon for my sponsons....
View attachment 224459View attachment 224460

Nice work from both of ya's! Send those pics to Krash!

chadetroit

Get Wet
Couldn't stand it, i liked how clean the look was on the inside. Removed the rivet nuts and made some aluminum pucks out of 1x1 aluminum bar stock. Cut to 1/2" length, drilled and tapped for M6 machine screws. Buttered the back a little with cabisol, epoxy and some black coloring. Once it sets up I'll follow up with a couple layers of carbon.
udedy2us.jpg

bu2esejy.jpg

chadetroit

Get Wet
While waiting for epoxy to set up installed 2 aluminum 90 degree brackets for the ebox. Socket cap screws disappear nicely in the front foothold. Used lock washers and wing nuts on the back. Also wired bilge directly into the ebox where the temp sensor use to be. Should work. Cut my layers for the carbon fiber to go over the sponson inserts. Feels good to get a couple solid hours of work on her. Making progress in the 97 degree heat.

adusy6uq.jpg

datazybu.jpg

5yvu7u9e.jpg

chadetroit

Get Wet
might be overkill but I had the carbon laying around and she is all apart now, so might as well. first layer is 3x6, 2nd layer is 6x10. Thanks for the idea by the way, I'll sleep much better going this route.

Top Bottom