Super Jet fixed steer square nose

62t/61x 701 freestyle porting, stock 38's, ada girdled head, b pipe, fp waterbox, modified stock CDI
low end brap for freestyle is basically what im going for. im pretty sure you dont want anything but a 9/15 for anything under 800 i believe that would be over proping the ski.

Last edited:
heres a couple terrible pictures from my phone, the lighting sucks because its in our hay barn...dad said theres more important things to be in the barn this time of year? i think hes high

IMG_20111205_165350.jpg

IMG_20111205_165119.jpg

JGringo

When in doubt, Throttle-out.
Okay, quick question... Why did you go "fixed steer"?

I mean... I love the pole, but is there another reason besides being different that you decided to go that route?

-Gringo

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I built mine because I had never ridden one before.

They are really fun boats and so easy to ride. I can ride mine for double the time I can a pole ski and be just as tired.

With tubbies and the right intake grate/ride plate combo they make great buoy boats.

I really feel like they shine in the surf though. Backflips are effortless as well as rolls. There is much more body input that can be done to further your rotations on aerials. Re-entry's also feel much different and are easier due to the response from upper body movement.

I personally feel that smaller inputs to steering or weight distribution while riding are more noticeable because you don't lose any of it through the motion of a handlepole.

im a die hard x2 guy i had one and loved it but there were things that my x2 didn't do well that a superjet does do well superjets have a better ride IMO the pump and intake are better, so i bought a sj and HATED the pole i don't know who thought of the idea of a pole quads dirtbikes snowmobiles don't have them why would you slap one on a ski? so i decided to go fixed steer! I have said it before if i don't like it i will sell it and buy another x2 or an am gen1 x2 i hope by then.

thats all IF i don't like it

JGringo

When in doubt, Throttle-out.
Yea, but the pole gives you different riding capabilities... It's not 'less' control, it is 'different' control. The pole puts your physical movements to the nose of the ski, whereas the fixed steer puts all of the movement into the center of the hull... This difference can play a big role in the ski's reaction for different scenarios.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Yea, but the pole gives you different riding capabilities... It's not 'less' control, it is 'different' control. The pole puts your physical movements to the nose of the ski, whereas the fixed steer puts all of the movement into the center of the hull... This difference can play a big role in the ski's reaction for different scenarios.

Like that extra 1/4 or 1/3 rotation you need on a backflip. I find it makes a huge difference there. You can muscle it the rest of the way to nose it in. if you come up short.

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
It's fun to have something different! I had a blast on my conversion ski. Rolls were so easy and a lot different than with a pole. Obviously I love a ski with a pole cause that's my old fixed steer setup in the pics above=)

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
That's why you need both!!!

I have noticed that an underpowered fix steer isn't so bad either. I have a stock 61X in mine right now. Learned to flip with it before I really did any consecutively on my RN with the big motor.

Ok so iv been going at this project very slowly, for christmas i got 2 rolls of turf and underpading and some new grips. Today i bolted on my new pole thing and test fit everything. heres some pics sorry for the messy shop...my dads a bit of a slob

20111228_144058.jpg

20111228_144040.jpg

20111228_144111.jpg

what do ya think?

I like it alot! It looks good with the stock height hood. I'm not a huge fan on the high aftermarket fixed steer hoods (personal opinion) That's why I lowered mine this year. I like the location you have as well. Fixed is fun

Top Bottom