Flat Water Barrel Roll

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I've tried for 3 years.
Tips:
Have a reliable ski. I got closer in the first year than in the following two because my ski didn't run 5 minutes without breaking in those two years.
About technique - I used to rotate rather clunkily. The ski itself would be the center of rotation, and I am on the outside. It never really worked out that way.
I am not sure how I do it different now, but the way I do it now feels natural and snappy, almost effortless. The axis of rotation starts at the nose of the ski and goes through me.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
For those who can, CONGRATS, you have earned it! For those who can't, I know it sucks being in my shoes. LOL I think I am mad enuf to chew up broken glass so maybe being mad will work.

encase none of you guys didnt already know this, DO NOT ATTEMPT BARREL ROLLS WITHOUT A HELMET!!!! i wasnt planning on trying any rolls so i didnt have a helmet but when a big arse wakeboard boat with a bunch babes in the back came around making me a wake i couldnt resist not trying it! lol

i got upside down and pancaked. when i came up it felt like water was in my ear that i couldnt get out. then it started to hurt real bad so to the er we went. :banghead:

sure enough, its a ruptured eardrum! now i have to wait two weeks until i get to ride, which is perfect cuz its 2 weeks until the torch lake freeride :headbang:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Well. 4 hours at the lake today and something is happening. I need a dam video camera. argh.

I think I am stayn tucked because my head is NOT colliding with the left frt bumper any more. THANK GOD!!! The people watchin that know what a roll should look like said nose was too high and I was not far enuf forward over the pole. Rotation was stalling around 180-200 degrees. I thought if I ever got to 181 degrees it would finish itself out-WRONG. LOL I guess at least now I don't have to cry like a lil beyotch everytime I flop 1 now. I actually took to attemps w/o the ol helmet because my head aint hitting the hull now. Iv'e got enug height that my ears are safe from slamming the lake. Stay tuned for more dis-appointment and self let down.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Me. Off my own wake no less. :woot:

575248584_CSZAw-L.jpg

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
It is a total mental block for me, my brain will not let my body roll. I am totally committed all the way up to the wake, as soon as I leave the water I wuss out and go straight into a stab. I can't seem to shake it and don't know how to get over it. I was so psyched about trying a roll yesterday but couldn't bring myself to try..damn.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
the fear is first and fore most the landing upside down. just try inverted stabs first and a couple of pancakes first.

Top Bottom