Custom/Hybrid Footholds-Yes, it's time for another thread! Padding, show off your trays, etc.#bestfootholdsthread

20161124_171702.jpg
20161124_171655.jpg First go at holds and turfing last year. Didn't really pay attention to the way the diamonds were going when I made the cuts and templates on the smooth side of the turf but meh could of turned out way worse. 18mm on tray 18mm in holds sanded to fit my riding shoes. Theae holds are HUGE and require 18mm foam forsure but once sanded to fit they are comfy. I can't imagine having less padding
These are Toby holds. Epoxied, Riveted and glassed in

Last edited:

nucleus_coolins

Does things to makes the do goods
I just returfed my tray last december i think. Its 1 inch underpad with a layer of old waffle and then a new layer on top. Its still holding up good, i need to redo my footholds pretty bad tho.
20170917_142748.jpg

Then i just started this haggard square build yesterday. Took the turf off today and trays all full of pinholes, leaky bondrail and bad scupper lol
Footholds look nice tho
20170917_142842.jpg

I just returfed my tray last december i think. Its 1 inch underpad with a layer of old waffle and then a new layer on top. Its still holding up good, i need to redo my footholds pretty bad tho.
View attachment 340875

Then i just started this haggard square build yesterday. Took the turf off today and trays all full of pinholes, leaky bondrail and bad scupper lol
Footholds look nice tho
View attachment 340876
How do you find the 1" pad when adjusting your holds? do they still go up plenty to fit your feet properly? I'm just about to order some under pad and wondering if i should go 18 or 28 Thanks

nucleus_coolins

Does things to makes the do goods
The 1in pad will sandwich my foot really nice into the standard rrp holds. Im using wrestling shoes and its perfect fit. My holds are close to being pushed all the way to th top of their adjustment. I run them a few mm lower than all the way up and its just right.

air blair

you are the reason
What you guys running on the rickter trays? Heard factory is 9mm. My original turf is shredded under the holds. Just picked up a sheet of molded black turf to take care of it. Bump this thread back up its awesome!

Once upon a time when I had my rickter I just turfed over the rickter turf. Added a rear kicker and a front foothold. Totally transformed it into a controllable ride. Original turf from 2012 was way to slippery.

Sent from air blair cell yo

Once upon a time when I had my rickter I just turfed over the rickter turf. Added a rear kicker and a front foothold. Totally transformed it into a controllable ride. Original turf from 2012 was way to slippery.

Sent from air blair cell yo
I never even though about going right over it. Did you have to smooth the old diamonds off for it to adhere properly or was it fine? Feels like some one buttered my tray mines soo bad even though it looks fine20170916_093224.jpg

20171019_170245.jpg
2nd ever turf job complete. On to the footholds now. Looks like the standard rickter holds have 9mm padding in the bottom, anyone ever cut them up and start fresh? I just blasted the original turf strip off the bottom soo far and I'm thinking about just replacing it and that's all.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Tigercraft fixed holds. 1inch all the way around plus another 10mm underneath in the foothold area

Attachments

• C0DCE490-4773-443C-843E-32842FF4FDEA.jpeg
    C0DCE490-4773-443C-843E-32842FF4FDEA.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 94A7EF43-28D9-45E9-9002-6CDDE48A15E6.jpeg
    94A7EF43-28D9-45E9-9002-6CDDE48A15E6.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom