Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

chadetroit

Get Wet
I get your point. I'm kinda in sanoman's camp though all am hulls have their quirks, even rickters. At least there is a quick water dump when the tubbies leak :p. seriously if you change the washers on the inside to have a rubber gasket on them you'll probably be fine.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
all am hulls have their quirks, even rickters.

It's been that way for so long that people accept that as the way it is. It's unfortunate, because for the amount of money we spend on these hulls, more should be expected. Because some builders do get it right, and have gotten it right for a long time: XFT, LWDE, Trinity are shining examples of what these hulls should be like in the fit & finish department (I believe KDX hulls should probably also be mentioned)
And Rickters, while certainly nice, still aren't perfect in fit & finish. They've come a long way, but for how much they cost I would expect more.
Too often, the purchasing decision is a compromise: what do I want, rideability, fit & finish, being able to get a hold of your builder, short wait time?

Last edited:
I love my hull so far, but it does suck having to worry about it sitting in the water. If it sits for about two minutes it takes probably 15 seconds for my dual 500gph bilge pumps to empty it out. I'm going to try Sanoman's trick to fix the leaking scupper when I pull my pump to swap props and put the new Thrust Pro trim system in.

Just a note... the fact that water leaks in through the scupper is not really a flaw that Krash has. Nearly all scuppers leak. Since I have bilge pumps, I plugged mine up and put foam in the scupper tube. No leaking here!

Wow shocked to read this out of all the hulls he has sold in aus this is the first time ive heard of this. The people that have these probs need to notify nick or who ever they bought it from so at least he is aware, im sure he will do right and try correct probs in the future.

I've had 5 krash hulls myself now, and all the guys we ride with have them as well. All of them have bolt on tubbies. We assemble them with a small bead of silicone/rtv around the bolt holes on the back of the tubbies and never have any issues. I would have though this was something that would have been pretty obvious to do, but it seems people are over looking it.... anyway its really not a big deal. As for riding the hull without the tubbies, don't waste your time they are much better with them on no matter what your style. And if for some reason you want to try the hull without the tubbies, heres a idea. PUT THE BOLTS BACK IN THE HOLES! Seriously guys this stuff is pretty f*#cking obvious .....

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Thanks Freeride for your post! I feel the same about this as you.Rather obvious that you would just seal them up.My intent was to inform not to bitch or complain.
Do you not seal up pisser and bilge holes guys!? Same with the tubbies.

l will write more later but l have it in the surf this weekend and it is AWESOME!

Hi Guys, I own a JB-1 and have spent a fair bit of time working at Krash with Nick. Ive been involved in the construction and assembly of quite a few hulls. IMO Krash hulls are by far the best and most comfortable hulls to ride. These hulls are so stable and fun! Ive never seen or heard of any dramas with the sponson holes leaking but if yours do, im sure a rubber washer behind a stainless washer inside the hull or a small dab of silicone behind the washer can stop it. Its not an issue at all.
All scuppers Ive used leak...thats just the way they seem to be, as far as I know Nick will work on a new design to fit a scupper to help with leaking issues.

Im not sure if many people realise the physical effort and man hours that go into the construction of just one hull. I can tell you first hand its hard work! I think that people imagine that you pop the top and bottom decks out the mould, glue it together and there you have it!! But its far far more than that and I can assure you the boys spend 10+ hours a day, 6-7 days a week working on the hulls and really strive to produce a superior product. The factory where the hulls are made is Nicks own and Nick actually works on the hulls himself. Im sure Krash realise that the wait time for a hull is a bit long but thats an issue being worked on as well as his contactability. If you are unable to get hold of Nick, Zack is a US distributor, Freeride Powersports is an Aussie distributor, Watty has built many Krash hulls and there are many of us on here and Ozfreeride.com that would be more than happy to help answer any questions or queries you've got. How many of you speak with Rick Roy when ordering or building a Rickter???

Also for the record, I saw a post earlier in this thread about foam in the trays. Yes all the hulls are filled with a closed cell, 2 part foam in the tray area, unless specifically asked not for.

Stay tuned boys because there is plenty more to come out of Krash Industries beyond the JB-1 and Footrocket!

Did not install tubbies on my last footrocket and will not install them on my next one either.
Funny watching guys blame the hull builder for leaks on a boat they put together.
Had my last FR built without a scupper, scuppers sink boats and always leak.

I should have clarified in my last post that I was complaining about the Worx scupper, not my Krash hull, I love the hull, fit and finish is just as good, if not better than my Trinity, and everyone talks up the Trinity fit and finish. I guess I shouldn't really complain though, I chose to have the scupper installed knowing that most leak, so my complaint is pretty much void. Nick Barton was great to deal with. He was a little bit hard to contact sometimes, but I always did end up getting in contact with him and spent a lot of time talking on the phone with him. He helped me out when I had questions about putting everything together too. Hopefully the new factory shortens up the wait time, and I'm excited to see what else Krash has in the works for the future.

Last edited:

chadetroit

Get Wet
Bill did you ride the rocket with and without the tubbies? I still have yet to hear of any ride reviews of the difference. I guess I'll find out soon but was curious

Yes I did. Still did not install them.

Just an opinion and alot of guys may feel differant but Tubbies always seem like training wheels to me.

That hull works great with or without but it was not something I thought was I needed for the way I was riding it.

chadetroit

Get Wet
I think the sealed rivnut is going to be the way to go on this so you can take them on and off from the outside of the ski. I'll measure the through hole today and get some ordered and test tht theory out.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Hi Guys, I own a JB-1 and have spent a fair bit of time working at Krash with Nick. Ive been involved in the construction and assembly of quite a few hulls. IMO Krash hulls are by far the best and most comfortable hulls to ride. These hulls are so stable and fun! Ive never seen or heard of any dramas with the sponson holes leaking but if yours do, im sure a rubber washer behind a stainless washer inside the hull or a small dab of silicone behind the washer can stop it. Its not an issue at all.
All scuppers Ive used leak...thats just the way they seem to be, as far as I know Nick will work on a new design to fit a scupper to help with leaking issues.

Im not sure if many people realise the physical effort and man hours that go into the construction of just one hull. I can tell you first hand its hard work! I think that people imagine that you pop the top and bottom decks out the mould, glue it together and there you have it!! But its far far more than that and I can assure you the boys spend 10+ hours a day, 6-7 days a week working on the hulls and really strive to produce a superior product. The factory where the hulls are made is Nicks own and Nick actually works on the hulls himself. Im sure Krash realise that the wait time for a hull is a bit long but thats an issue being worked on as well as his contactability. If you are unable to get hold of Nick, Zack is a US distributor, Freeride Powersports is an Aussie distributor, Watty has built many Krash hulls and there are many of us on here and Ozfreeride.com that would be more than happy to help answer any questions or queries you've got. How many of you speak with Rick Roy when ordering or building a Rickter???

Also for the record, I saw a post earlier in this thread about foam in the trays. Yes all the hulls are filled with a closed cell, 2 part foam in the tray area, unless specifically asked not for.

Stay tuned boys because there is plenty more to come out of Krash Industries beyond the JB-1 and Footrocket!

One of the better hulls l have put together with the fit and finish top notch! Miffy l respect what you guys do.when l received my rocket,l was impressed with the work,attention to detail and man hours that went into building one.

My only wish is that some of us on here would keep their comments to themselves if they don't know any better.

l would not hesitate to buy another hull from Krash.

Last edited:
It's been that way for so long that people accept that as the way it is. It's unfortunate, because for the amount of money we spend on these hulls, more should be expected. Because some builders do get it right, and have gotten it right for a long time: XFT, LWDE, Trinity are shining examples of what these hulls should be like in the fit & finish department (I believe KDX hulls should probably also be mentioned)
And Rickters, while certainly nice, still aren't perfect in fit & finish. They've come a long way, but for how much they cost I would expect more.
Too often, the purchasing decision is a compromise: what do I want, rideability, fit & finish, being able to get a hold of your builder, short wait time?

this is very true,once a company has all of these issues beat,and starts to produce it reliably and quickly,with all known issues corrected,it would be safe to assume that they would be the go to gold star company making most the sales in the market..if margins lessen a bit to achieve this,volume would deff more than make up for it....so many companies fail to realize this

Top Bottom