Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Those holds look like death traps... Or is it just me?

They do look a little sketchy for surf especially in a small tray... I won't judge until I try one though. If anything I'd probably just trim the back of the hold so it doesn't wrap forward as much (if it was an issue at all). It's definitely a great new idea
Hopefully someone that owns one or has ridden one will chime in with their thoughts on this holds...

Last edited:
I own one and have ridden it.

My thoughts are these are the best Footholds ever. I said it at the beginning of the year when I got my FR that just wait til 2013 and everybody will be doing the
same thing. It is already happening, other builders are now making footholds just like the FR.

I DO NOT kick it at all. I can approach a wake or wave without much concern and have only fallen out of them once or twice.

The nice part is that you can trim them down to your own liking.

Last edited:
My concern isn't falling out of them it's getting out of them when you need to....

I got my foot stuck in Dan's SF holds and thought I had broken my foot trying a flat spin, I would imagine a trip to the hospital would have been in order with these holds. Like Wilkey said, you need to be in nice and tight but still have the option to get out when necessary. Nice looking hull otherwise...

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Wow! 1 foot shorter than a Q8 is crazy especially since it seems to be a stable hull that doesn't ride too nose high and can be ridden in surf comfortably

Having ridden both, I can assure you that the FR is not a foot shorter than a Q8.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
How did you guys do shipping? Did you have to have it shipped to some US Port of Entry? How did customs go? Looking for any info here. Thanks.

Having ridden both, I can assure you that the FR is not a foot shorter than a Q8.

How did you guys do shipping? Did you have to have it shipped to some US Port of Entry? How did customs go?

Yes I have not measured them but it looked dam short compared to my q8 in my bed. Prob not a whole foot. Maybe I exaggerated a bit ... :-0

Ohh and they were suppose to get shipped all the way to upstate ny. But got stuck in customs at JFK . So steve and I drove and got them. They came by plane

Last edited:
The ski was ordered by steve at Fast Elements and is a fully sponsored ski going to be available to all to ride at Daytona .

I'm just the lucky one to build it by Daytona

Keith is sponsored by Fast Elements, and this is a demo ski for some of the East Coast events this year. Nick at Krash Industries has been great to work with through this delivery process. If anyone has any questions feel free to give us a call or shoot us a pm and we can surely help you out.

uga2yje2.jpg
u6ype3uv.jpg
9a4ema9a.jpg
sa3a5yje.jpg

Footrocket's on the east coast what!!!!!
Daytona bound

Nice man!

Frosty

New York Crew
Steve-o dropped mine off today... totally stoked!!

Attachments

• WP_001264.jpg
    WP_001264.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 124
  • WP_001265.jpg
    WP_001265.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 144
  • WP_001266.jpg
    WP_001266.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 144
  • WP_001267.jpg
    WP_001267.jpg