Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

chadetroit

Get Wet
Just got word she is out of the mold and getting glued up. Time to start disassembling the old unit and seeing what I'll need. Are you guys running a conventional hood latch or straps?

Hey Chad. I went with the cold fusion lowered billet hood hooks and prongs, stock latch. You should be ready for the spring freeride.
Made some risers from some aluminum here. Have more if you go that route. Brandon went with stock hooks and prongs with straps.

Last edited:

chadetroit

Get Wet
I'm swaying toward the stock latch as well, never cared for the brap straps. If you get a chance and can snap a shot of how you have the hooks set up let me know. First Aftermarket hull so I'm learning about the small stuff I always took for granted.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Still waiting for a detailed build thread. I hope one is at Daytona and I get to go and try one. This is on my short list for a surf hull.

uga2yje2.jpg
u6ype3uv.jpg
9a4ema9a.jpg
sa3a5yje.jpg

Footrocket's on the east coast what!!!!!
Daytona bound

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
How wide is the tray measurement? Seems narrow in the picture butt could just be the heelholds taking up some room.

there will be no build thread on this as of right now. lack of time and just trying to get it together for daytona!

i know right behind the footholds its only 15inches wide> yikes narrow
and the total length from inside the front foothold to the rear of the tray is around 31 inches.

sorry im already at work . will take some pics and measuerments you can see later.

i can tell you that i was shocked when i put it in the bed of my truck. seems to be at least a foot shorter than my q8

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Wow! 1 foot shorter than a Q8 is crazy especially since it seems to be a stable hull that doesn't ride too nose high and can be ridden in surf comfortably

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Is it done yet? LOL I cant wait to rip this ski. Stantons was cool but I wanted to try one with a bigger motor, for our crappy riding conditions.

You are gonna love it. When you are looking for an A/M hull and the owner of the company is busting 540's allday, easy decision.

Top Bottom