Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

It just shows that the manufacturers have too much mark up if another business can pay a vendor price that the manufacturer can still profit from and then sell it cheaper than the manufacturer normally sells it for yet still make enough profit for it to be worth his time.

it wasn't the manufacturers that made this happen. most type of niche markets have what they call "MAP" pricing. this keeps the market fair for more then one business. what fast elements was doing was selling stuff below agreed pricing. whether you like it or not he agreed to certain things and failed to adhere to policies. Another problem that I personally faced was someone had a s/s dasa that wasn't epoxied. two other people harassed me for jet specs for dasa motors. I don't sell motors to people, but either way i'm not giving out info that i worked hard for. if you build a motor you should know more about it then the tq specs to put it together.

another thing they were doing is undercutting massively via emails. so when he doesn't have it in stock. which most the time he didn't. potential buyers would send a carbon copy of the price of whatever they wanted to another vender and request they match fast elements pricing. this is why i'm not in business in this industry. if someone sold poorly built motors with no support or cut throats on other vendors when he doesn't even stock the mentioned part i'd tell the person to fawk off. i've personally ordered from fast elements site and optima racing. if it cost me another .25 on a dollar to order from someone like jetmaniac or thrust. then i'm doing it. fast elements site takes your money for parts that aren't in stock and on back order with no future stocking date available. optima racing took my money via phone for in stock parts that weren't in stock. i hate this industry.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
For me at least, pricing is composed of quite a few factors. Only one of them is the part itself. Here's what else factors into it for me:

• What's the service after sale?
  • How knowledgeable is the vendor?
  • How well do I get along with that vendor
  • How reliable and honest is the vendor?
  • How likely is that vendor to be around next time I need something?
  • How well does that vendor support the sport itself? Do they sponsor rides or riders?

I try to get most value for my dollar, not necessarily the cheapest price I can find. In fact, cheapest is usually not the way to go.

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
For me at least, pricing is composed of quite a few factors. Only one of them is the part itself. Here's what else factors into it for me:

• What's the service after sale?
  • How knowledgeable is the vendor?
  • How well do I get along with that vendor
  • How reliable and honest is the vendor?
  • How likely is that vendor to be around next time I need something?
  • How well does that vendor support the sport itself? Do they sponsor rides or riders?

I try to get most value for my dollar, not necessarily the cheapest price I can find. In fact, cheapest is usually not the way to go.

I agree with those statements. I also like to buy from someone who I would at least see at a freeride event or a local riding spot and can have a good conversation about something related to jetskis other than "how much is this part shipped to 32137?". Someone who cares about the sport and not just making money and they will share their knowledge that they gained from being in this industy. The knowledge that they have from selling hundreds of parts to thousands of people and caring enough to request customers feedback of the products they sell.
It doesn't have to be all those things but that is the type of person who I'd like to support, not just your typical salesman.
And while those are all the things I'd like to see from the company/person I buy from I'm also not rich by any means so I need to keep it cheap and buy as many used parts as I can depending on what it is. Some parts you just don't buy used period

Last edited:

Frosty

New York Crew
so we got pretty far off of topic here...

so, to those who have a foot rocket already - how do you like the adjustable footholds? i've ridden some AM skis wih adjustable footholds, but th FR is a bit differnet looking. Guess I'll find out in a week.

I agree with all those statements also,but optima and fast elements,do alot of freeride and rider support for the sport as well,knowledge does mean alot for some parts,not so much for others,I dont know that id pay 25% more for a high dollar item based on that. map pricing is bs obama prolly started it..lol, msrp is just that "suggested" price.. capitalism or communism

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I agree with all those statements also,but optima and fast elements,do alot of freeride and rider support for the sport as well,knowledge does mean alot for some parts,not so much for others,I dont know that id pay 25% more for a high dollar item based on that. map pricing is bs obama prolly started it..lol, msrp is just that "suggested" price.. capitalism or communism

Hate to break it to ya, but price fixing is about as capitalist as it gets.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple

so, to those who have a foot rocket already - how do you like the adjustable footholds? i've ridden some AM skis wih adjustable footholds, but th FR is a bit differnet looking. Guess I'll find out in a week.

l like the idea that the footholds infinitely adj to suit each rider!

The FR footholds are the best. Just wait next year everyone will be doing something very close to it or just like it. Very comfortable.

One of the biggest parts about them is that I dont have to KICK in to stay in. Only came out of them a couple of times.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
The FR footholds are the best. Just wait next year everyone will be doing something very close to it or just like it. Very comfortable.

One of the biggest parts about them is that I dont have to KICK in to stay in. Only came out of them a couple of times.

Post some detailed pics of the foothold and track design.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Best I got:

DSC_0575-XL.jpg

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it has a traditional ffh already. It would be cool to see a rail system for adjustability on the front too. I like ffh that holds my foot a little bit.

whats the deal with the dual footholds ive seen in some krash hulls,compared to the adjustable holds?

On the Krash JB1's they did something called "duel wells" which were traditional footholds, just one in front of the other. I think the watercraft factory has done this on the vision once or twice too. Adding the fully adjustable footholds on the JB1 is an additional option costing extra.

On the other hand the Krash Footrocket comes standard with the 16" (i think) adjustable footholds. They are pretty comfortable. I enjoyed riding in them and wish my Rickter had something similar. Maybe in the Evo 2 eh? lol. It's nice not having to have a super tight footholds and not have to worry about your foot falling out because it's relatively enclosed. The guys that like the SUPER TIGHT footholds might not think the same. If you like to have to really kick your feet in there you might need to add some turf under it.

*Edit*

Not sure the if the adjustable footholds on the Krash have up/down (height) adjustability. Maybe an actually owner can chime in.

Last edited:
On the Krash JB1's they did something called "duel wells" which were traditional footholds, just one in front of the other. I think the watercraft factory has done this on the vision once or twice too. Adding the fully adjustable footholds on the JB1 is an additional option costing extra.

On the other hand the Krash Footrocket comes standard with the 16" (i think) adjustable footholds. They are pretty comfortable. I enjoyed riding in them and wish my Rickter had something similar. Maybe in the Evo 2 eh? lol. It's nice not having to have a super tight footholds and not have to worry about your foot falling out because it's relatively enclosed. The guys that like the SUPER TIGHT footholds might not think the same. If you like to have to really kick your feet in there you might need to add some turf under it.

*Edit*

Not sure the if the adjustable footholds on the Krash have up/down (height) adjustability. Maybe an actually owner can chime in.

Yes, there are 4 differrent hieghts they can be mounted, and the holes can be positioned anywhere on the foothold itself for fine tuning of hieght

Top Bottom