Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

I had the opportunity to see this ski in action at surf slam(at least I think it was this one) and it was sweet! One of these days I hope to get a chance to ride one and many other am hulls out there. Where I live I either buy it and bring it into our market or it doesn't exist, up side is I usually have the coolest skiis.

Last edited:
For anyone who dosn't want to wait, Our Cold-Fusion Footrocket we built for Nick Barton to compete on, is available
many of you got a test ride on this ski and can attest to its build quality, every part was new
we will start a separate thread with a build list (over $27k) in the next day or so
major points
fiberglass footrocket, Dasa 850 (all new cases crank electrical ect) solas ss mag pump, Bun pole, Cold Fusion everything
complete ready to ride $21,500
or minus motor/pipe/electrics $14,500
Db
Not tryin to bash, but how in the hell do you have over $27,000 in a glass hull with an 850 and a Solas mag

chadetroit

Get Wet
For anyone who dosn't want to wait, Our Cold-Fusion Footrocket we built for Nick Barton to compete on, is available
many of you got a test ride on this ski and can attest to its build quality, every part was new
we will start a separate thread with a build list (over $27k) in the next day or so
major points
fiberglass footrocket, Dasa 850 (all new cases crank electrical ect) solas ss mag pump, Bun pole, Cold Fusion everything
complete ready to ride $21,500
or minus motor/pipe/electrics $14,500
Db

Wow Great looking ski Carl. Any advantage to the Bun Pole, didn't know anyone was selling those around here?

chadetroit

Get Wet
Hey if any of you with a solid black FR have any direct side photos and one directly straight on that you can send to me PM me and let me know. I want to start working on a graphic wrap if I have any downtime in the next 2 months.

thnx

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Do you have to use any shortened bolts or anything special on the FR's? A lot of a/m hulls require really watching when you bolt anything up.
What about scoop grates? Anything special?

Bobart540 Seems like some of the guys in the new york crew are getting foot rockets!

Does anyone with a Footrocket know if the RRP rear tank that fits on the bulkhead will fit in a Rocket? I'm going to be running a PFP and I would like to be able to get more than 20 min of ride time out of a tank of fuel.

Thanks

Bobert540

Site Supporter
Do you have to use any shortened bolts or anything special on the FR's? A lot of a/m hulls require really watching when you bolt anything up.

Bobart540 Seems like some of the guys in the new york crew are getting foot rockets!

I will have to keep my eye out for build threads from the NY guys. I would really like to ride one with a 701 based motor even if it's a big bore.

The only bolt I shortened was the pole bolt. Everything else bolted up nicely. My build took me 8 days with about 4-5 or maybe 6 hours a day, Ready to ride including turf.
I am using a protec grate, I have found out that Nick is running a stock grate to prevent it loading up on landings.

Mine is all black gelcoat and I have not installed my wrap yet if you want some pics Pm me.

I am running a 701 and very happy. Expecting to go up to a 865 or 950 this winter.

Feel free to ask me any Questions about the FR. Very happy with my purchase and dealings with Nick Barton and Krash Ind.

Frosty

New York Crew
Yup, my Foot Rocket is expected to be the week after Thanksgiving. However, I leave for Germany Nov 30th for a couple of weeks. So I will try to start when I get back. Planning to run my DASA 850 PV in it.

I will have to keep my eye out for build threads from the NY guys. I would really like to ride one with a 701 based motor even if it's a big bore.

Top Bottom