Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

The ride plate I'm running now actually fits pretty well. It might get a slight bow but fits fine. The other one though... It's probably 1/4" or more too wide, so it bows a lots. I'm trying to put some glass on it to fill that gap. Not sure why these can't all be the same or even test fitted before being shipped...

I never had that problem with the ride plate, I just fitted my spare plate up last night too to start cutting it up. The only problem I ran into with my ride plate was that it was hitting the ribs on my mag pump and the bottom bolt on the reduction nozzle. I just trimmed those ribs down and I have my ride plate way shorter than the bolt now so it's not an issue.

My scupper still leaks too, I've tried contacting Worx about getting a replacement rubber flap hoping that it would fit better, but they haven't responded and I can't find any place that sells their scuppers. I bought some rubber flaps from epic ind. so I'm going to try those out and hopefully I can finally get a good seal.

Both of my plates I've had to cut/grind to fit my setup. Nothing major. Pretty much same as hink. My scupper leaks so bad that even forcing the flapper closed by hand i can't keep the water in. Almost like its coming from around the scupper. It's really difficult to nail it down with out pulling the pump though.

My ride plates are tight. Its both bolts on one side. Force the other side on and cram the bolts in lol.

I have a rickter scupper and it doesn't leak a drop. Knock on wood since my ski hasn't been in water since the end of may when my mid/drive shafts ate eachother.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Both of my plates I've had to cut/grind to fit my setup. Nothing major. Pretty much same as hink. My scupper leaks so bad that even forcing the flapper closed by hand i can't keep the water in. Almost like its coming from around the scupper. It's really difficult to nail it down with out pulling the pump though.

Just take out the last two sections of the pump and not the wear ring.The whole scupper is mounted in some sealant and can be cut right out with a large knife.Take it out and apart to see what may be causing so much water to leak in the hull.Maybe flip the rubber gasket around,reassemble and re-seal back into the hull.Shouldn't take more than an hour and a half.lt may help

Frosty

New York Crew
I am so loving this hull so far. In the surf, backflipping is amazing...

I've been practicing flat water flips... here's a few from last weekend... still need lots of practice, but this boat is a perfect all around hull... more to come

sorry about the quality... cell phone video.

[video=vimeo;70897201]https://vimeo.com/70897201[/video]

Last edited:
I'm running a scat kawi pump, all one piece. Had to silicone and blend to the shoe. I'll leave it for now ansd ride it like it is. Maybe I'll block it off from the inside at some point til the scupper thing gets worked out.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
He is currently experimenting with prop pitch and pumps, cones, reduction nozzles, steering nozzles, that was mutiple set ups. Special cut back, etc. He's trying a new one tonight. Well let you know more when we finally get it dialed in to his liking.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
yea ski looks powerfull...hard to tell details in video

with my 701 im running a 9/15 but we'll see if that impeller works with my 781

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
:) Frostys a super tuner, The NY 850s around here are pretty good. Frosty's FR, Murphs XFS, and Pats XFR all are about the best 850's ive ridden. Great crew Team Xtreme really works pretty close together trying to help each other tune the best possible. Those shots were taken when he had the 9/15 prop in it.

Frosty

New York Crew
He is currently experimenting with prop pitch and pumps, cones, reduction nozzles, steering nozzles, that was mutiple set ups. Special cut back, etc. He's trying a new one tonight. Well let you know more when we finally get it dialed in to his liking.

Yup... Testing at Area 51 again tonight around 6pm.

Top Bottom