Super Jet Found an Superjet - Done!

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
$200

The hood didnt turn out very well, I am a little disappointed. I guess its only rattle can. I will probably sand down to smooth and add another coat. Can anyone give me any more tips? It started splattering a little near the end. I think the was caused by the slightest wind that was outside. I didnt think it was windy at all....I cleaned the tip and sprayed it upside down.

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Well... crap still not running.

Pros: The new switched showed up today. I plugged it in and it cranks over fine. There was definitely an issue with the old switch

Cons: There is alot of....crap in the rear cylinder. Not metal chunks (thank goodness) but just like carbon build up and .....water? Could be the starter fluid the last guy was spraying in there (there was two cans of start fluid in the ski when I got it). I tried to get the stuff out as best as possible. I covered on whole and would turn it over then do the same with the other hole. I sprayed some WD-40 and put the plugs back on. Still nothing, I know the carbs getting fuel (saw it go into fuel filter) but its not sputtering or anything, even with the WD-40 in there.

So I checked the compression. I used by Harbor Freight gauge and the kind of weak battery I was using after cranking for awhile. I got about 135-135 in each cylinder. So thats good news. I also tested both spark plugs and was getting spark. I dont know what I am missing...fuel... air.... spark?

What should I do next?

2012-03-28_17-00-49_93.jpg

2012-03-28_17-00-49_93.jpg

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Put some gas in a rattle can top and pour a little in the cylinder, then screw the plugs back in and see if she fires. Forget about that WD-40.

If that still doesn't work, you may have to roll it to get all that crap out.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Chances are you may just sludge it back up with all that crap in the cylinder (cases too) but what the hell, let's get this thing fired up.

It's now a matter of principle.

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Yeeeeeee haaawww! :Banane09:

Shonuff wins!

Pourd a little gas down the cylinder.... spoonful of sugar just as the doctor ordered and BAM fired right up!

2012-03-28_21-53-55_98.jpg

A ton of water came out of the exhaust. Like more than usually does after I ride at the lake....

The motor feels a little "weak". Maybe that's just because I am only used to a 701 with b-pipe, Ada head, EPIC, ect??

Looks like it must of died last time someone was riding it. I am guessing because of the switch. What if water was sitting in the motor for the past 4 years? Would it even turn over?

Last edited:

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
Again, congrats on a steal! Glad you got it running.

We need to get a Colorado ride together this summer.

Sent from my Superfreaky Droid 2 Global using Tapatalk... braaaaap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom