Super Jet Found an Superjet - Done!

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
All done. Nothing to crazy like some of the other SN build I see on here. This is my backups-backup ski :biggthumpup: so I was trying to keep it super cheap/reliable and have it on the water ASAP. I am also building with resell value in mind. Took about a month to do everything, and I wasted some time walking backwards during a few steps. Had a little cooling issue during the first test run but now its good to go. I just need to tune the carbs and I should be set. I dont like the green fuel line I got from Mcmastarcarr but it will do ok for now.

2012-05-01_19-12-36_158.jpg

2012-05-01_19-13-21_727.jpg

2012-05-01_19-15-12_525.jpg

Also made my own carbon chinpad (turned out ok) and did the hood mod. The hood mod went alot easier than I thought. Works great! Now I just need to figure out if the motor will do ok with one breather tube

2012-04-27_19-41-49_183.jpg

2012-04-28_11-54-03_39.jpg

Wow, job well done ice! That turned out great with the 701, tubbies and RN pole! I would think you could get your money back out of it and then some quite easily...especially this time of the year!

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Took it out yesterday, everything works pretty good. That hood mod is a must do on these SN's. It was super easy and quite a bit of water dumps out of them while I am riding.

Still trying to tune the ski. I am not the greatest at it. I think I need to change my pop off, I am not getting very much low end. I know its a 62t motor, but it really is missing the bottom end. I have an ADA head I might have to slap on there.....

The #Zero sponsons is WOW, huuuge difference in handling. It handles so much nicer than my RN SJ. I am a little bit of a bigger guy 6'5" ~210lbs and it feels like it can "float" better now. Definitly like how it carves/rides. I had absolutely no chine at high speeds. At low speeds it keeps the nose up a little more and in the turns it hooks much more than I am used to. One of my best mods for sure.

Great job! Post more pics of the hood mod! Is it just the two breather tubes goin to the back of the hood? That would be simple to do, and seems like it would direct a lot more water out of the bay..

kraqus

Site Supporter
The #Zero sponsons is WOW, huuuge difference in handling. It handles so much nicer than my RN SJ. I am a little bit of a bigger guy 6'5" ~210lbs and it feels like it can "float" better now. Definitly like how it carves/rides. I had absolutely no chine at high speeds. At low speeds it keeps the nose up a little more and in the turns it hooks much more than I am used to. One of my best mods for sure.

Ha ha! The same thing happen to me with my SN......I was like WOW!
You did a great Job on that SN man! Kudos!

Benny

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Well said day.... I bought a house and needed some money so I was forced to sell the SN. Kinda a bummer after the amount of time/work I dumped into it. It was a really sharp looking ski. I slapped a For Sale sign on it at the lake and the first people who saw it paid full asking price......I loved those sponsons, wish I could of kept em.

On another note, from the proceeds of selling my SN I just picked up an 03 RN and a SeaDoo coucher on a trailer...... so much for getting $$

I picked this ski up in June this year my first ski. Have wanted one since I first rode one in 1987. I have put on a Factory B pipe, TDR waterbox, and Blowsion tornado flame arrestors. Had head milled to get compression up to 180 psi at this elev. This thing absolutely rips. I've burned through two full gallons of 2 stroke oil. Just got my last run in two weeks ago. No problems and a lot of compliments on the ski.

Met Ice at the lake and I gotta say great ski builder mine is a lightweight compared to his others. I will be starting a new build thread to continue the evolution of this great sled

20131110_131511.jpg

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
I picked this ski up in June this year my first ski. Have wanted one since I first rode one in 1987. I have put on a Factory B pipe, TDR waterbox, and Blowsion tornado flame arrestors. Had head milled to get compression up to 180 psi at this elev. This thing absolutely rips. I've burned through two full gallons of 2 stroke oil. Just got my last run in two weeks ago. No problems and a lot of compliments on the ski.

Met Ice at the lake and I gotta say great ski builder mine is a lightweight compared to his others. I will be starting a new build thread to continue the evolution of this great sled

View attachment 236393

I missed this post - cool to see you on here. I miss that ski

Top Bottom