Status
Not open for further replies.

swapmeet

Brotastic
"Free Form Factory, a wholly owned subsidiary of Trendsetterz Customz"

Ig23Gu5.gif

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Some of us make a lot of money, others don't have kids. The rest of us don't have $20-30k for a jet ski for one person in the family.

And some of us rode a $1500 ski for 15+ years and made family, home, education and career a priority until there came a more appropriate time to covet shiny frivolous items like aftermarket hulls. A time when the expense didn't come at the sacrifice of anything else...just sayin. :)

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Anybody know these guys????? Never heard of them.........
Yes. I am being skeptical........... Great Presentation. Best I have seen.

It is definately from an X member, but will let them out themselves when they are ready to post about it.

"Free Form Factory, a wholly owned subsidiary of Trendsetterz Customz"

Swap, I know you are just making a joke, but we should applaud someone investing time and what must big money into innovation for our sport. Time will tell if the hulls and company are good and the material, etc. are any better, but IMO we should be supportive and positive of these types of efforts.

Swap, I know you are just making a joke, but we should applaud someone investing time and what must big money into innovation for our sport. Time will tell if the hulls and company are good and the material, etc. are any better, but IMO we should be supportive and positive of these types of efforts.
Couldn't have said it better, and I couldn't agree more!

OCD Solutions

Just as composites have advanced, so has the ability to weld and repair them. Google plastic welding and you will be very impressed.

My earlier post referenced a material used in skidoo hoods but an even better example would be the composite panels used in the Saturn line of vehicles, as well as the bumper material on most modern cars.

I'm pretty sure these could be fixed, just look at an OEM Yamaha runabout. Injection molded FRP, probably what these guys are calling Hulklite. Definitely some innovation into this hull, would love to see some pics of a bulkhead and an exhaust tube/scupper. The one on their website looks bonded but no scupper or vents. And if you're complaining about price, you should get off the forums and put more hours in at work. Some people drive Ferraris, some drive Hondas, there's a market out there for these at $6500.

Christian_83

Xscream
Buuuut im just thinking, it could be an overstatement - that hulklite is superior to fiberglass and carbon, if it was indeed that much better and ligther than carbon i think they had a good chance in aerospace, aviation and motorsport. or at least these industries would have used this materiel insted of carbon :)

air blair

you are the reason
Are you going to be selling your skis for 2500? =P

6500 is fair. Now if they could do financing that would be a game changer for a/m hulls!
Mine are all gone but one very precious goldmember left. Michigan got hooked up!!!! Ya what was I thinking. $6500 is a great price.......if it was turn key with a 61x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

air blair

you are the reason
So why dont you build and sell Turn Key Ski's for $6500.00 With a warranty.
Ok, you can be my first customer. I'll make it out of a Rubbermaid trash can with a little guppie formed in it. I was just pipe dreaming. I can imagine the overhead Capitol involved. I really think he's onto something good here. If I had a bunch of money I'd buy one just to help him go forward. The American Dream here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCD Solutions

Did I miss where it tells us how to add things like footholds, tray mods, etc?
Would it have to be plastic welded in or can you use products like Plexus, epoxy resin, etc?

Ducky

Back in the game!
It is supposed to come with adjustable footholds, which dont seem to be pictured.

I think 6500 is pretty crazy, but my way of thinking is different. If it is a similar composite and manufacturing process to something like a kayak, then 6500 is ridiculous when you can buy a top of the line molded kayak for like 1500....maybe my logic is flawed, but that is how I am thinking about it right now.

OCD Solutions

Kayaks are rotomolded I believe and the process is fairly simple. (simple being a relative term). Cold Fusion would be current on this process as they recently went through the process to develop and invest in molding for their tanks.

Making a very flexible and durable product like a hull requires a much different process.

This might not be close to the practice at all but look at the process needed to make a simple 10" disc golf disc. You're essentially just buying production time near the end of the process in the video but you can get the idea of what some of the equipment is that is needed to make products in this fashion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom