SXR Freeride build....-5 Hull With All Kinds of Goodness (top and bottom deck split)

He has stitched uni-directional glass, only issue is its backed with mat. I have heard epoxy is not compatible with mat, but have used it before with no issues.

I doubt if will be a problem, the matt is stitched on to promote adhesion, as the matt has better
bonding characteristics than weaves. this is for poly and vinyl. Not necesary w epoxy which sticks very well on its own. problem is that the epoxy doesnt break down the glue that holds the mattfibers together
so its tough to tell if you have good saturation, other than that it should be fine.
another disadvantage to the matt backer is that it makes the cloth a little less pliable, so it may resist taking the shapes you are trying to make, only adding to more bodywork later on because it didnt form as tight as you may have liked. Sorry to be
so technical, but the extra material it takes to wet out the matt would be better served in another layer
of cloth or weave. just my 2 cents, only trying to help

Getting primer today!!!

c269ae37.jpg

c5db42ed.jpg

So this is what it takes to make a sxr a freeride ski? I'd just buy a sj...

You are just to much of a sissy to mix a bit of epoxy

In the second pic it's pretty close to where it belongs... Big green dumpster! Sorry man I had to take that shot. Can't wait to see it all done. Looks like it's a race to see who's on the water first.

Well played, my pipe is like a week out so you may have me by a few days haha

h2odesperado

Pin it to win it
Sick build. You've put a lot of work into that Kawi Hull over the years and I hope it pays off, looks like it will.

Props to HL Powersports too, lot of work into that building can't wait to see it grow. KX did you ride in homecoming events?

Sick build. You've put a lot of work into that Kawi Hull over the years and I hope it pays off, looks like it will.

Props to HL Powersports too, lot of work into that building can't wait to see it grow. KX did you ride in homecoming events?

Thanks for the kind words guys....

I rode the 785 pro sit down during the homecoming, and shae (owner of hl powersports) set up the course that morning. business has been doing well. Hopefully slows down as fall hits so we are able to get the shop set up a bit more.

Hull, hood, and nose piece came in at 114, bare hull was at 103...quit a bit lighter than stock. Here is another teaser as to what it will look like when completed.

9B3F79BC-388C-43E5-BA42-C1CB8C5BCE69-2154-00000238028A931C.jpg

Top Bottom