Custom/Hybrid Ground up stunt build

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Is the green glue the plexus stuff, or marinetex? Where do you get either of them, and do you need a special gun to dispense it?

Its Neither ... its called Pliogrip...about $40 a tube. Yes you need a special gun (about $80 )

It what oe Octanes were put together with. very similar to what Yamaha used

Eager polymer , I think near Chicago, is where I bought it from .

freestylegeek

waiting...
Its Neither ... its called Pliogrip...about $40 a tube. Yes you need a special gun (about $80 )

Nice.
How many tubes do you think you'll use on the complete build?

I was wondering if you were gonna start a build thread. So far it looks like your on your way to another killer ski build chadly, only this time its yours when your done :) . Do you have a trim system? If not you need to get one, cause we need to show the old mudhole whos boss next year. I have a really nice cable Ill donate, stylin' steve gave me 3. Tom and I both agree this ski was made for backies. If you need any help let me know, I dont have much goin on right now, kinda bored. Stop reading this crap and work on the ski ya homo!!!! "Yer the one that shot yer mouth off"

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Thanks Skywalker , I ll take you up on that cable .
Doing a little part swapping with ram da lam I picked up a SE turn nozzle , I just need to have some welds on my exit nozzle . and BANG .. C.A.T.S

what lever are you using ??

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
The build slowed down a bit , but I did manage to get a few things, I was trying for a straight exhaust tube ... I am not sure if it was my bulk head or my choice of hole placement , but I could not make a straight piece work . So my friend Kyle welded me up a new exhaust.

I also built up the area around the bulkhead , so the edges of the bulkhead are more like an "I Beam "

I beleive that I just need to run the steering and trim cable tube, and the rear of the ski should be plumbed.

and picked up a sheet of 2 in polystyrene, this will be the first ski that I have not used A/B foam. I plan on running drain plugs in the pump area ( stolen from gp1200 )

Attachments

• 11251254.jpg
    11251254.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 284

Big Kahuna

Administrator

I would send you the gun to use, but I sent it to Goose to use last spring, he was suppose to send it back along with 2 ride plates. He has failed to send it back at this point. Much less the ride plates he said he would make. All I have gotten are excuses.

Good luck on the build.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
I would send you the gun to use, but I sent it to Goose to use last spring, he was suppose to send it back along with 2 ride plates. He has failed to send it back at this point. Much less the ride plates he said he would make. All I have gotten are excuses.

Good luck on the build.

Thanks for the offer BK I borrowed ramjets gun , so I am good to go there.

sorry to hear about your ride plates and gun . I am sure you will get your parts back soon . :fingersx:

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Thanks for the offer BK I borrowed ramjets gun , so I am good to go there.

sorry to hear about your ride plates and gun . I am sure you will get your parts back soon . :fingersx:

I finally broke down and did a negative thread. I really hate those.

I really dont care about the rideplates at this point. I Had asked him just to send me $75.00 and keep the gun, even went and dropped it to $50.00 and keep it.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
It looks like you have about 2.100" or so from the bulkhead to the front grate attach point. Did you think of using a FX-1 drive shaft to move the motor back a little more? I never saw any GOOD pix of a completed setup yet, but it might free up some room up front. Just a idea..

Looks good!

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
It looks like you have about 2.100" or so from the bulkhead to the front grate attach point. Did you think of using a FX-1 drive shaft to move the motor back a little more? I never saw any GOOD pix of a completed setup yet, but it might free up some room up front. Just a idea..

Looks good!

I did not think about using an FX-1 drive shaft ... How much shorter is it ?

I tried using an gp800 short shaft that would have moved things back about 3 in but the splines started too deep into the shaft and didnt offer enough grab.

do you have an extra fx drive shaft?

Looks good!

I'm thinking that might be the ticket.....

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
I did not think about using an FX-1 drive shaft ... How much shorter is it ?

I tried using an gp800 short shaft that would have moved things back about 3 in but the splines started too deep into the shaft and didnt offer enough grab.

do you have an extra fx drive shaft?

In combination with a FX midshaft.

Sorry, I have no extra parts. The Kawi/650 converted FX guys should have some for you (Midshaft & Drive shaft) use the bearing housing over.

Hold that bulkhead glue!

Attachments

• 106_0662.jpg
    106_0662.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 91

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Thanks RMBC

Had a good time out there , thanks for letting me ride your boat !.
your more that welcome to try and flip her .

Top Bottom