Custom/Hybrid Ground up stunt build

freestylegeek

waiting...
It fits great. shape of the tank to the bottom of the hull . I think I am going to run an exterior fuel fill right above the tank . So the gas cap will be under the handle pole. the tank location still leaves enough room for the battery in the stock SJ location.

That looks perfect!
Nice job!
That external fuel fill just behind the pole bracket will look really sharp I bet!

The inline silencer looks like the way were going to have to go on these hulls, I wonder if the gp driveshaft would bring back the motor enough to fit a small cart tank between the motor and a aftermarket box. Any ideas on the length of that tank?

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Let us know how much fuel that thing holds. It looks like it may fit my setup better than the 440 tank I am using.

Are you going to have to pull the motor just to pull the tank out? Kind of looks like it. I think these hulls are going to be a blast but it def. looks tight working under that hood.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Are you going to have to pull the motor just to pull the tank out? Kind of looks like it. I think these hulls are going to be a blast but it def. looks tight working under that hood.

Yes but let's face it... When was the last time you pulled the tank because something happened to it? I never have. I always end up pulling the F-ing tank in my SJ because something else went wrong. On the plus side, the tank is never in the way of anything else. The downside is that the handling difference will be significantly different between full tank and empty tank when it's that far forward.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
The rear of the ski is plumbed

all waterlines , trim cable tube, steering tube , exhaust, scupper, and drive shafttube ..

I am still on the fence about a fx-1 drive shaft ..

started working on bedplates, for the motor mounts. I would like to do individual pods for each mount , less material= less weight

but it would be alot easier to mount 1 plate on each side ..

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3992.jpg
    IMG_3992.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 291

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
looking thos 2 pics make me realize , how smal this hull is
really nice
keep us posted
I dont know for sure , if its stamped on the tank , its on the bottom , and it came with turf on the bottom of the tank ..

I would guess 4 gallon .

It fits great. shape of the tank to the bottom of the hull . I think I am going to run an exterior fuel fill right above the tank . So the gas cap will be under the handle pole. the tank location still leaves enough room for the battery in the stock SJ location.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
thought you were coming out??... I want another set of eyes on all of my alignment before the big glue session ... I think I ll be ready to glue the bulkhead all the plumbing and motor bed plates..

I did get started on some exterior body work , sand sand sand

or yeah and installed foolholds , just some old ones I had laying around..they are carbon fiber, I would be surprised if they weigh a pound.

I stopped by the lake today , its not frozen yet , but its close.

Last edited:

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
looking thos 2 pics make me realize , how smal this hull is
really nice
keep us posted

Here is a pic showing how much shorter the stunt is... its lined up at the nose with my orange Superjet. And the stunt tray will be trimmed a little more.

Attachments

• 10271504a.jpg
    10271504a.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 10271504.jpg
    10271504.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 240

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Footholds and body work

Attachments

• IMG_4037.jpg
    IMG_4037.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4035.jpg
    IMG_4035.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4036.jpg
    IMG_4036.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 127

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
It seems like the engine compartment opening could be brought forward more (and decrease the size of the nose behind the pole bracket) to make things more accessable. That tank sounds great, might have to pick one up.

Waternut

Customizing addict
It seems like the engine compartment opening could be brought forward more (and decrease the size of the nose behind the pole bracket) to make things more accessable. That tank sounds great, might have to pick one up.

By doing that you would create a higher stress point at the front of the hood area and that would lead to cracking. Maybe an inch or two is all that's needed. However, it's hard to say from just looking if that would be enough access to make it worth it and if you would have to strengthen that corner at all.

Here's a perfect example on my 750... I put colored dots on the starting and ending points for clarification.

Attachments

• 12-11-09_1131.jpg
    12-11-09_1131.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 12-11-09_1132.jpg
    12-11-09_1132.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 141

freestylegeek

waiting...
I put 4 1/2 gallons in this tank.

13 in high ( top of the fuel neck)
11 wide
12 long

AWESOME!!!!!!!
That solves all kinds of problems. I think I'll order one up this afternoon. I better get one before the warehouse is out of stock.

Thanks for getting the info for us chad!

Top Bottom