Hardly any B1's in Daytona?

It seemed like there werent too many Blasters out there this year! maybe 4 or 5?
Was I the only one to notice that? Last year seemed like there were a lot more down there.
What happened?

Last edited:

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I've noticed a buttload of blasters for sale lately. I thought with sport spec gaining popularity that the trend would be the opposite.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
When you guys get into your mid 40's and up, and IF IF IF you're wives even LET you continue to ride, you'll appreciate the Blaster again.
Trust.

However, I will say the getting on part in the surf doesn't get any easier.
And, I'm working on a system with a new handle and a remote start switch to make surf boarding a lot easier for old guys like me who still can't side-board.

Somebody needs to start building some hard-core surf Blasters.
(I saw a blue one out there this weekend that wasn't bad....lol) It put a smile on Zimmy's face, that's for sure.

I've got another one that I'm working on already that should be ready by late this summer (probably Wave Daze) that'll be pretty serious. Even more-so than the blue one.
I really hope it changes some freeride guys' minds about Blasters.

Makes me sad to see them noticably missing at Daytona.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Is this maybe because the hulls and hoods are so easy to trash with today's type of surf riding? I get two pancakes out a hood before it's trashed. Same for hulls unless they are reinforced. Frankly, that's getting old quick over here and I can't imagine I'm alone. I am going to vac bag some reinforcements on the underside of a hood this winter and if that doesn't hold up I am officially off the blaster bandwagon. With all the $$$ I have been spending on keeping fresh fiberglass under my ass I could have a pretty sweet sj by now...

:splatt:

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
all my blaster friends here are lazy...i have been begging them to go out, but they suck.
hell i have 2 surf boats and still cant seem to find someone to ride with, and i sure as hell ain't gonna ride alone

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Zimmy and I and his lovely bride had worked out a deal on Saturday afternoon for him to ride my ski in the trick contest, and while he was practicing it 1/2 hour before the contest, the brainbox on the total loss system took a crap and we had no way to fix it.
Sucks, cuz we all thought that he'd realistically had a chance to win it.

(and a week before I left for Daytona I went back and forth and decided against buying that digital brainbox that Bombthreat has for sale to have as a spare)
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.....

Anyway, that kind of show is what will bring the Blasters back to popularity, cuz you aint' never gonna see an X-2 in the Sickest Trick contest...

next year ill be flipping and rolling on the b1 again.....maybe.....x2's will never take the place of the great B1...how dare you

Missed you this year man!

I wish the blasters were still thought of as a surf ski, they can do the same stuff a stand up can, just takes a little more work sometimes when the surf starts to drop off!

Next year hopefully there will be a few more B1's out there! They are great fun in the surf!

Maybe Ill just try and bring 2 next year haha! ....didnt even get mine down there this year :-( Either way it was a great ride! wonderful weekend!

cuz you aint' never gonna see an X-2 in the Sickest Trick contest...

Thats right!! That ski you had ripped it up! It was such a smooth ski too! made the rolls seem like I wasnt even trying!
There is always next year! Maybe if enough B1s show up they will have a race for fun too!! That HX seemed lonely out there!

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Somebody's gonna have to nail a double-backy next year if they're gonna beat us, Zimmy...:shock:

....at least I hope that's the case. I'd love nothing more than to win that contest with a Blaster, and I could care less about the prize money.
Talk about serious bragging-rights.:nana::nana::nana:

We can only hope.........:fingersx:

Top Bottom