Hardly any B1's in Daytona?

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Somebody's gonna have to nail a double-backy next year if they're gonna beat us, Zimmy...:shock:

....at least I hope that's the case. I'd love nothing more than to win that contest with a Blaster, and I could care less about the prize money.
Talk about serious bragging-rights.:nana::nana::nana:

We can only hope.........:fingersx:

you guys are going to flip a blaster 2 up? That doesn't sound gay at all.

a b1 shreds in the surf,but the natural progression always leads to the lose of the seat and to the feet. Ill never sell mine but with a stroker in the standup the b1 is trailer queen supreme...never mind ive rolled it

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
a b1 shreds in the surf,but the natural progression always leads to the lose of the seat and to the feet. Ill never sell mine but with a stroker in the standup the b1 is trailer queen supreme...never mind ive rolled it

X2 minus the stroker and rollin her! My best running boat tho, and a worthy backup! She is... the prettiest trailer queen as well!

Missed you this year man!

I wish the blasters were still thought of as a surf ski, they can do the same stuff a stand up can, just takes a little more work sometimes when the surf starts to drop off!

Next year hopefully there will be a few more B1's out there! They are great fun in the surf!

Maybe Ill just try and bring 2 next year haha! ....didnt even get mine down there this year :-( Either way it was a great ride! wonderful weekend!

they make decent surf skis, but will never hold a candle to a standup.....

dude, with respect..you rock a blaster like no other

but a blaster isnt a standup..and never will be

its bigger, heavier and cannot surf ride like a standup...it can be made to do the same tricks..but will never be able to carve, reenter or slash like a SJ...

being as good a rider as you are, you know this

you'll sell...eventually

X2 minus the stroker and rollin her! My best running boat tho, and a worthy backup! She is... the prettiest trailer queen as well!

keep it where it belongs...until you sell yours too

"just remember that blasters pay for superjets, NEVER the other way around"

-Y-slut
a long time ago

Last edited:
ha ha so true,Craig knows,he rips on a sj hard as well,Ive heard him say he just has more fun on a sj. One thing a b1 is worth at a event is notoriety. You roll a b1 at a event your the man,you roll a sj at a event your another chump,much less backy

that said Ill never sell my b1 they have their place on certain :):):):)ty days.

IndyBlaster

Lake Michigan Destroyer!
I was there in Daytona last year and it was the first time in the surf for me... (I had finished my foot straps install days before going down there.. Glad I had them! haha) I couldn't come down this year because of money... I have been putting it all into my blaster.. Building it for Lake Michigan surf.. Already have a brand new B-pipe and some other parts waiting to be installed. and the next thing will be trim... Hopefully will be backflipping and rolling it soon..
And a recently purchased 1990 SN Suprejet.. But the Blaster will still be my favorite ski forever...

Last edited:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
I wouldn't waste your money on trim if you are building it for Lake Michigan. Put that $$$ towards more brap and fiberglass reinforcements. The guys I know that have trim on their skis don't even use it out there...

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I wouldn't waste your money on trim if you are building it for Lake Michigan. Put that $$$ towards more brap and fiberglass reinforcements. The guys I know that have trim on their skis don't even use it out there...

you can flip a blaster on a surpisingly small wave with trim.

This is one of the tampa crew on the east coast of FL killing it on his blaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim When I first saw this vid last yr it pretty much eliminated the mystic of the b1 back flip,little trim on a steep wave with a white water nose bump and the thing comes right around with less than 5 ft of hang time,but this is a far cry from the trimless 20ft backy craig pulled here in Va and the one he pulled in tona last yr.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
I was speaking specifically for Lake Michigan (and so was he) which is a whole different ball game than what you salt riders are used to. Regardless, you don't need 20' of air to bf a trimless blaster. Hell, I wasn't even a whole ski length out of the water on this one and almost nosed it in:

[video=vimeo;7156385]http://www.vimeo.com/7156385[/video]

Top Bottom