Hardly any B1's in Daytona?

yes 5m PV, 85.5 flat tops, ported, ported cases, ported intake, expoxied. MSD enhancer, light wheel. good old pump gas. and she hits like a sum b1tch!

thats the same setup I have,but my cylin is a 61x sleeved dan lamey ported setup,id of loved to try yours with the pv and tj porting and see what the diff was in power curve, Im super happy with mine,it comes on strong,fast and smooth.and doesnt yank ya to much for freeride.comp in mine is 185,runnin dual fs 48s on the boyesen intake setup. what carbs you run on it? I may swap my cylin with a pv billet next yr if the price is right.

gordon.....thats zimmy from our group,he was borrowing other junkies b1s,his motor build didnt work out for tona.I didnt touch a b1 this tona,surf was too clean to get off the sj

man, all this blasters are dead stuff is pretty depressing. a blasters role to me will NEVER change and certainly NEVER DIE - to go as big as you possibly can when the waves are big. saying that, shouldn't everyone have a blaster ready for big surf??? i mean yea, they can be fragile, but who on this site isnt already aware of stock skis and they're lack of surf readiness?

standups are super fun pretty much all the time. especially because you can do pretty much anything with no surf required. i can definitely understand blasters not being used in flat-water areas, BUT THE SURF????? whaaaat? still blows my mind, so much so, that i would assume/hope that they are all still sitting and ready for any big surf storm, even if 50% of their owners are scared to take them out :rocketwhore:

str8pinned

SHAKE & BAKE
man, all this blasters are dead stuff is pretty depressing. a blasters role to me will NEVER change and certainly NEVER DIE - to go as big as you possibly can when the waves are big. saying that, shouldn't everyone have a blaster ready for big surf??? i mean yea, they can be fragile, but who on this site isnt already aware of stock skis and they're lack of surf readiness?

standups are super fun pretty much all the time. especially because you can do pretty much anything with no surf required. i can definitely understand blasters not being used in flat-water areas, BUT THE SURF????? whaaaat? still blows my mind, so much so, that i would assume/hope that they are all still sitting and ready for any big surf storm, even if 50% of their owners are scared to take them out :rocketwhore:

since u like the blasters so much u should buy mine!

im good str8, if i do anything else itll be a superjet

wilkey - yea sj are the poop, but just not as fun for me in storms, when you can point and shoot a blaster instead of swimming to your sj half the time, and trying to dodge all the tarts out there. hence, blaster > sj for me. however, its just inavoidable, and i will be getting a sj sooner or later

Last edited:

butti

lone wolf

my VERY surf ready blaster sat unused for about a year after i got my sj before i finally sold it. i dont care how big the surf gets, my first choice is usually my fx-1.

seems the growing trend is blaster riders converting to Fx1's these days!

blasters are couches.....plain and simple

you can dance around it and call it a love seat or whatever, but its a couch

doesnt mean they cant be ripped though!

Does it really make a difference what some tool on here thinks? Ride what you want, don't worry about anyone else or what they think. I've had square noses, round noses, 785 runabouts, 1200 runabouts, full open class 1200s, stock limited and mod blasters and no matter what anyone else says, the blaster is and always will be my favorite.

Scottie

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
my VERY surf ready blaster sat unused for about a year after i got my sj before i finally sold it. i dont care how big the surf gets, my first choice is usually my fx-1.

basically the same story here. once I bought my SJ I never rode the blaster again. I loved that blaster and was a die hard blaster rider. Everything that is good about a blaster is better on a SJ with a fixed steering hood.

i still have a few blaster but since i got my fixed steer don't ride them anymore, still like to keep one around just to have. scott you go boy tell it how it is :naughty::rant::fart::woot:

A couch is something you can relax on.......try to relax on a blaster1.

A couch is easy to get on.....HA ......i bet most stand up riders couldn't get on a B1 in the surf..

Sorry,I have to stand up for the B1

sure you can....ask ANY of the guys that have a B1/superjet combo...they'll likely ride the SJ til exhausted, then jump on the B1 for another couple hours riding

dont forget, the blaster is equipped with a SEAT..directly from the factory!

couches can be difficult to board in the surf if you dont have the upper body strength to haul yourself up...thats why they sell those flip steps

couches are also equipped with a similar factory seat.

B1's are difficult to board in the surf as well..........in fact, whenever I see one of our local blaster rides floundering in the waves trying to board you want to know what REALLY gets under his skin? just walk up later when he is sucking wind and wiping surf snot...

"hey man, you wouldnt have had that problem with a stand up" :bigeyes:

lol mike your so right. i hate gettin on a blaster.

it does suck! its that giant SEAT that gets in the way :Banane25:

Does it really make a difference what some tool on here thinks? Ride what you want, don't worry about anyone else or what they think. I've had square noses, round noses, 785 runabouts, 1200 runabouts, full open class 1200s, stock limited and mod blasters and no matter what anyone else says, the blaster is and always will be my favorite.

Scottie

dont get all riled up now, I didnt say they couldnt be ripped and I know of your builds/skills so not trying to disrespect you

i still have a few blaster but since i got my fixed steer don't ride them anymore, still like to keep one around just to have. scott you go boy tell it how it is :naughty::rant::fart::woot:

your avatar pic is proof that B1's can rip....

but they will never...

EVER

be a standup

so I ask you...and this test is written for a FIFTH grade education level:

which one is different?

:bump:

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 15
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 12
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Idok,

Not getting riled up at all, that is exactly how I feel. I could care less what anyone on here or on the water thinks of what my choice of ski is. It only matters to one person, me. I laugh at the hole sj vs sitdown, sj vs sxr, rn vs sn arguments that seem to pop up on this website all the time. My philosophy is this, I ride what I enjoy, if anyone disagrees with that, they are losing time worrying about what I am riding and not riding themselves. And, oh ghast, I will rip a runabout, too. I don't care. Anyone has a problem with it.... oh well, they will get over it.

Scottie

i def agree scottie, i got a rxt, a blaster, and a sn sj and i like riding them all. i could care less what people think about what i ride. i have had tons of fun on all of them. if ur more worried about what im riding, then u obviously dont ride enough urself. u can ask anyone i ride with that my runabout has saved a many of sj and blaster from bein an ornament on the bottom of the ocean. its not about what u ride, its about how u ride it!!!!

Top Bottom