Has anyone done a barrel roll in a barrel?

Barrel roll re-entries are so sweet.

I was wondering if anyone has done a barrel roll inside the barrel of a wave. It seems possible and would look and feel just amazing.

wydopen

onthepipe
Barrel roll re-entries are so sweet.

I was wondering if anyone has done a barrel roll inside the barrel of a wave. It seems possible and would look and feel just amazing.

haha ive gotten sucked over on accident...result was a sunk ski and a lost hood..i wouldn't recommend trying it..at least on a big wave

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
ha ha Ive gotten sucked over on accident...result was a sunk ski and a lost hood..i wouldn't recommend trying it..at least on a big wave

ya i got sucked over 2 weeks ago.......god that sucked.....thankfully my ski was still floating! just had some water in the carbs....

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
i think he means approaching the face of the wave near parallel riding up the face and tossing it into a roll, and landing back on the face of the same wave...?

^^That sounds like a barrel roll re-entry which is really cool.

I'm thinking the same thing but inside an actual barrel, while you are getting a tube ride. The natural motion of the water seems like it could help you complete the roll.

I've got sucked over, but on a board not a ski. And it wasn't pretty either.

If you were good at rolls and were locked into your footholds, it seems like it may be possible.

joe b

depth tester
^^That sounds like a barrel roll re-entry which is really cool.

HeHeHe... No roll re-entry from me. All crash & burn, feet straped in & death grip full tilt.

I'd like to see more moves like roll re-entry and such. I wanna see a flatwater routine done on the lip.

Wilke

X2 stole my life
You would need to be getting barreled on a large (overhead+, just to have enough room) wave, then turn up the face and allow the lip to flip you, then you would need to fall away from the lip as not to be pushed out of the wave or be destroyed by the lip upon landing. I'd say nearly impossible, it's even difficult to pull this of cleanly on a sponge.

Last edited:
HeHeHe... No roll re-entry from me. All crash & burn, feet straped in & death grip full tilt.

I'd like to see more moves like roll re-entry and such. I wanna see a flatwater routine done on the lip.

joe, I was replying to DAG when i posted, sorry my slow typing/thinking meant you posted in the meantime.

Come on, if spongers can do it... :scratchchin:

Its all about the surf!
You would need to be getting barreled on a large (overhead+, just to have enough room) wave, then turn up the face and allow the lip to flip you, then you would need to fall away from the lip as not to be pushed out of the wave or be destroyed by the lip upon landing. I'd say nearly impossible, it's even difficult to pull this of cleanly on a sponge.

Yup X2

The key here is you need access to surf which acutally barrels just to even try this. Waves that barrel are caused by the wave hitting a shallow bottom which make the wave jack up and throw- Good luck I'm not trying that one :)

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Oouch! I've been crushed by some sizable waves while surfing and it's not fun. Missed the carve by a gnats hair and have been chopped by the lip on some huge waves with barrells you can't touch the walls or roof. That would be about the size wave your talking about rolling in. I wouldn't want to be near a ski while getting pummelled by a wave that size.

Sounds painful or at least expensive when you get crunched and sunk.

Scott

Top Bottom