Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

Chris, would you ever consider making a bow stop attachment on your haulers like the one pictured on one of the previous pages? I think that would be another selling point. Add another 50 bucks or whatever to the price. Just throwin ideas out there. Btw, I just rode with a guy here in colorado today who had one of your haulers. The quality is top notch. Nice work

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
I have thought of doing a bow stop in the past . However it makes the rack loadable and launch able from only one side . In the past I have been at launch ramps where you need to pick the best side due to people next to you or simply the terrain. I will revisit my drawings for a bow stop. glad you liked the quality of the racks. I am a one man operation and prefer to keep it that way for the simple fact of quality control. I would rather make a few less $$ than sacrifice any quality. For you of those out there that have haulers already, even if they are not mine... please look on amazon for "stowaway hitch tighteners" they are a "god sent " for towing ANYTHING. I believe they are 25.00 and worth 10x that in my opinion. I ALREADY HAVE a version of hitch tightened that I will be building in the near future but for now these are the best. They eliminate ANY and ALL rocking of the ski, bike rack, cargo rack or anything else that you put in your receiver .. just by one .. trust me

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
offering a 5% discount on my hitch haulers ONLY to members of this site. 5% isnt a whole lot but i just wanted to tell everyone on here that i appreciate their input.

How is it cheaper when Rad Dudes has trex bunks and a full frame design. The best way to strap down a ski on a hauler is nose to the basket and tail to the basket. So on an open design that doesn't work. Also the end is open so if you are dumb enough to tow a trail behind a hauler you can. And Rad Dudes haulers are $200 not $250 like these.
Am I missing something here?

Im not sure if Rad Dudes ever gets into the Wisconsin Area let alone the Midwest buy I might be wrong. I would buy one in a heartbeat but not when there is a 65% cost increase just from shipping. Its not like I entered my zip code even, just straight rate.

Im going to be making my own in a simular way and will post pictures when its done. Metal cost is goign to be around $55 for A36 steel and 316 stainless is right at the $200 mark. I can get it powdercoated for around $75 so going with A36! Adding a $20 waterproof trailer light and some synthetic deck board, or 2x4 w/ carpet and she will be sweet!

Loving all the ideas from ppls pictures!
Rad Dudes haulers are $200 we offer pickup or shipping. We will gladly drop it at any ups store and let you pay the exact amount. We do the flat rate because that's what it ends up coasting, and to CA we lose money. They are not light, because they are built to be the "strongest" on the market, not the "cheapest"

Im curious, Do the rad dudes hauler have a receiver at the back of the hauler so that I could also tow a small trailer while using it?
Yes you just drill a hole and slide one in if wanted. But we don't recommend it do to younger weight on the vehicle. It will rip the hitch off the vehicle before anything would happen to the Rad Dudes hauler. You are dealing with a point 3 ft off the back of a hitch so even the lightest of trailers would be over weight on the strongest of hitches.

How is it cheaper when Rad Dudes has trex bunks and a full frame design. The best way to strap down a ski on a hauler is nose to the basket and tail to the basket. So on an open design that doesn't work. Also the end is open so if you are dumb enough to tow a trail behind a hauler you can. And Rad Dudes haulers are $200 not $250 like these.
Am I missing something here?
his price isn't 250, its 185 before shipping for the standard one without the towing capability not to mention another 5% discount.

So this means the hitch pictured above is dangerous to tow a trailer with?
The simple answer to that is yes.
No that being said I know a good amount about both towing and parts design do this doesn't come with out knowledge. My family has been in the towing business since 1949 and the amount of people we have towed in and I have seen from trailer younger weight issues is uncountable.
That being said.
Yes Rad Dudes leaves the end open and you just need to drill the hole for a pin. We don't sell them that way because very few vehicles can handle that weight. Remember the weight multiplies every inch you are out. And this is 36 inches out. I know others say you can do it. And once you own it you can do what ever you want with it. The Rad Dudes Hitch hauler is the strongest made and nothing will happen to it but can't speak to the hitch on the vehicle.

Top Bottom