Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

Just a Reminder guys ... If you order a carrier from me i give you a 5% discount for being a member of X-H20... but you HAVE to let me know you are a member . I accidentally charged a member my normal price because he didnt tell me he was from X-H20. ...... i spy a bow stop addition.. in the near future ... hahahahah ( evil laugh.. i tried) o_O
that would be really nice add on and save some time getting strapped up

You could always just, ya know, keep going deeper :) Now I have a jeep with a hitch hauler though.

IMAGE_230.jpg
Yeah I did. it goes out about 100 yards to even get waist high and the sand gets pretty soft.

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
OK i "think" im done designing and mocking up the bow stops. THEY WILL be completely removable , able to put on either side , and they will work on both carriers (v1,v2) . THEY WILL ALSO WORK IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT A CARRIER FROM ME :D. i will get some pics next week ... just like my carriers .. very simple ,strong , effective.
Thank you all for being patient..... im a one man taco shop.... now as for pricing ..???? i have no idea what this is worth adding on to the price of the carrier. Please feel free to shoot out some numbers that you guys feel are applicable/reasonable/fair(to both parties) etc. thank you all ..Chris

Now that its done what if you have an aftermarket hull with a u hook on the bottom and not a bow eyelet hole? is it adaptable for both styles?

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Love my hitch hauler. So much easier for driving and parking..... No trailer, no worries.

I don't back it into the water. If I'm by myself I just slide the nose off the hauler into the sand and then lift and pivot the tail off the hauler.......reverse it for loading.

Last edited:

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Where in Texas?

I have about the same exact Jeep with class 2 hitch and i think same hitch hauler. Just something bought from store. Always worried about it lol..

Corpus Christi. This is one from Rad Dudes. Built like a tank.......not worried about it at all. I did add an air lift suspension to the rear of the Jeep. The combo of heavy after market bumper, tire carrier, full size 34.5" wheel/tire, and long hitch hauler with the ski and gear, had the back squatting a little.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Love my hitch hauler. So much easier for driving and parking..... No trailer, no worries.

I don't back it into the water. If I'm by myself I just slide the nose off the hauler into the sand and then lift and pivot the tail off the hauler.......reverse it for loading.

View attachment 284441

What is making the hitch hauler lean over so far? ls the receiver bending down?

Corpus Christi. This is one from Rad Dudes. Built like a tank.......not worried about it at all. I did add an air lift suspension to the rear of the Jeep. The combo of heavy after market bumper, tire carrier, full size 34.5" wheel/tire, and long hitch hauler with the ski and gear, had the back squatting a little.

Cool, I'm moving to Houston so trying to find riders. I worry about the stock class 2 hitch but it has handled hawaii roads for a while just fine so far..

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
What is making the hitch hauler lean over so far? ls the receiver bending down?

I usually run an anti wobble shim, I don't have it on here. Due to the length to clear the spare wheel/tire, the little bit of slack in the receiver magnifies the amount of lean. With the shim in, it stays level. It's not bent, first time I installed it I had to take it back off and lay it on a flat surface to make sure because I thought the same thing.

Cool, I'm moving to Houston so trying to find riders. I worry about the stock class 2 hitch but it has handled hawaii roads for a while just fine so far..

I have an XRC rear bumper that has a class III rated hitch built in. With the air ride installed you don't even feel the ski back there. I had it on a class I before I replaced the bumper and had it offroad plenty of times without issue.

Houston is about 3.5 hours away. There's a few guys up that way and some of the guys from Dallas take trips out that way to ride. No riders down here in Corpus really, just the guys on their couches.

Bringing your Jeep or selling it?

Bringing it. I think I was quoted 1500$ shipped to Houston (plus more $$ for the stuff I own) and I really enjoy owning a Jeep. I think Chris has put my fears to rest about the hitch. I have an anti-wobble shim and should probably buy one of the hitches from the guy in Arizona when I'm back on my feet career-wise.

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
Bringing it. I think I was quoted 1500$ shipped to Houston (plus more $$ for the stuff I own) and I really enjoy owning a Jeep. I think Chris has put my fears to rest about the hitch. I have an anti-wobble shim and should probably buy one of the hitches from the guy in Arizona when I'm back on my feet career-wise.
I will be ready when you are and for everyone out there whether using MY carrier or another ... the best investment you can make (besides the carrier of course) is a "stowaway hitch tightener. ... i have a pic of it in my instruction sheet that comes with every carrier ... amazon .. 21.00$ gets rid of any noise,wobble,lean etc ... even when towing other things besides a jet ski hauler. (Bike rack, boat etc ....) another on the giant list of things to build myself Stowaway.png

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
.... the best investment you can make (besides the carrier of course) is a "stowaway hitch tightener. ... i have a pic of it in my instruction sheet that comes with every carrier ... amazon .. 21.00$ gets rid of any noise,wobble,lean etc ... even when towing other things besides a jet ski hauler. (Bike rack, boat etc ....) another on the giant list of things to build myself View attachment 284578

That's the exact one I have and use, except for the day I took that last pic. Works great and takes the lean out.

Top Bottom