Hood strap kits, Hood Hooks, Hood latches, Hood parts, Hood seals, Limiting rope kits

Just messin man....someone lost a square hood in Daytona....another dude lost a aftermarket hood a while back.....get that strap!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I almost lost my hood at daytona with all xmetal latches, etc., but the hood receptacle almost pulled right through my WDK hood. I got lucky.

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
So how come almost no one wedge the straps between the pole bracket and hull? No need for holes in the straps, no need for holes in the bracket.:biggrin:

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I was looking at it more today and looks like you have to remove the rear hood latch? Is that what everyone else did? Then attach the ratchet to where the latch used to be?

Yes, the ratchet replaces the stock hood latch, you can mount it in about the stock location or use the third strap included in the kit and mount it 'wilkey style' (see his posted pics above)

Other peeps please post your completed MANIAC strap install pics...

Does this come with a mounting bracket for install? Because then $40 sounds great and will save you some time on install! However, if it doesn't... all that can be bought for less than $9 on the internet! Thats where I got mine from at least... but I had to make my own SS mounting block (which was a PITA!) Just my thoughts....

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Does this come with a mounting bracket for install? Because then $40 sounds great and will save you some time on install! However, if it doesn't... all that can be bought for less than $9 on the internet! Thats where I got mine from at least... but I had to make my own SS mounting block (which was a PITA!) Just my thoughts....

All top of the line products already figured out, with shipping and a good price. I think if it came with any mounting hardware, it (mounting hardware) would end up being extra parts not getting used, mainly due to people using different mounting options.

Just my lame .02
No offense at all, just an opinion.

Fro Diesel

creative control
Just messin man....someone lost a square hood in Daytona....another dude lost a aftermarket hood a while back.....get that strap!

Yeah, that sn hood was nicely modded and reinforced for surf action. However, the crappy stock hood latch broke, as did the blowsion hood straps. Limiting rope held the hood on and i couldnt get the hood off:sadwavey:my buddy was really upset about it, even though E-rok just sent me one for FREE!

I rode x2addicts ski the rest of sat/sun and tried my best to lose the hood on that one too. maniac strap was so tough, i swear you lift the hood by it all day long. It didn't budge.

EVERY ski i own will have one.

Top Bottom