Hood strap kits, Hood Hooks, Hood latches, Hood parts, Hood seals, Limiting rope kits

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Has anyone made a soft cover for the ratchet yet ?? I am thinking about making one out of fiberglass, cover it with turf, attaching it with velcro and have the strap run tough it aslo..

I was thinking about the same thing, but minus the fiberglass. Just a turf wrap around the ratchet secured with a strap or velcro.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
How is the short strap attached to the ratchet?

NVM, figured it out.

Last edited:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Works awesome!

I installed mine yesterday morning and proceeded to beat the crap out of my hull/hood in another V-Wake session in the afternoon. I pan-caked plenty, the hood never budged.
Thanks Chris.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Works awesome!

I installed mine yesterday morning and proceeded to beat the crap out of my hull/hood in another V-Wake session in the afternoon. I pan-caked plenty, the hood never budged.
Thanks Chris.

You were killing it, never had so much fun on 'flatwater' have you?

Pwgsx

Go big or go home
How is the short strap attached to the ratchet?

NVM, figured it out.

Did you just loop the short strap thru and run a bolt thru where the stock hood latch was or did you not use the short piece?? Not sure which I should do on mine......

Last edited:

Pwgsx

Go big or go home
Any ideas how to attach the straps where the pole bracket is?? I got a RN pole on a SN hull and there are no bolts up top to attach with.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Did you just loop the short strap thru and run a bolt thru where the stock hood latch was or did you not use the short piece?? Not sure which I should do on mine......

You can just mount the ratchet through the hole on it and mount where the stock latch was, or loop the short strap around the ratchet end and mount the strap where the latch was. I used a soldering iron to burn the holes for the bolt and used large washers on both sides.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Soldering iron is the ticket! :biggthumpup:

I put in brass grommets through the straps instead of washers, though.

Pwgsx

Go big or go home
it bolts from under the nose so there is no bolts showing up top where everyone seems to be attaching the straps to.

My 3 ideas are:

~use the small screws that hold the front hood clips on.

~loosen the pole bracket and slide the straps under and bolt down (worried this would make the bracket rock and not as solid with the straps wedged under)

~Drill 2 holes up front and use large washers and a bolt ( thinking the stress would rip the bolt right out)

Top Bottom